• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The entertainment thread.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I still haven’t forgiven Radio 1 for booting Mark and Lard off the morning show. I was on holiday in Kos when I found out about that #StillFuming

Same goes for them dropping Sean Keveney from 6 Music #StillFuming
All quality presenters that have moved up.
Riley and Radcliffe split and found separate shows on 6. If you want the Mark and Lard mixture then you could do worse than tuning into Radcliffe and Maconi on 6 on Saturday mornings. TBH I thought the radio 1 version was a bit formulaic, dependant on a variety of tedious catchphrases and they still had to play the pre ordained crap playlist.
Keveney was excellent but all credit to him for developing his career through other mediums. Used to be radio 1 DJs hanging onto their shows like grim death as we watched them move through the stations at increasingly unfashionable times of day until eventually dying in their studios surrounded by flowers and the stench of petuni oil.
John Peel was shocked to find that all his radio one colleagues didn't actually like music!
Radio 6 has a diverse variety of DJs, and they all actually enjoy music. Current faves are Iggy, Afrodeutch, Cerys Matthews, Ravenscroft, Tom Robinson and Marie Ann Hobbs. Still hearing stuff I've never heard before!

Stelios

All quality presenters that have moved up.
Riley and Radcliffe split and found separate shows on 6. If you want the Mark and Lard mixture then you could do worse than tuning into Radcliffe and Maconi on 6 on Saturday mornings. TBH I thought the radio 1 version was a bit formulaic, dependant on a variety of tedious catchphrases and they still had to play the pre ordained crap playlist.
Keveney was excellent but all credit to him for developing his career through other mediums. Used to be radio 1 DJs hanging onto their shows like grim death as we watched them move through the stations at increasingly unfashionable times of day until eventually dying in their studios surrounded by flowers and the stench of petuni oil.
John Peel was shocked to find that all his radio one colleagues didn't actually like music!
Radio 6 has a diverse variety of DJs, and they all actually enjoy music. Current faves are Iggy, Afrodeutch, Cerys Matthews, Ravenscroft, Tom Robinson and Marie Ann Hobbs. Still hearing stuff I've never heard before!
Tom Ravenscroft is John Peel's son of course

(I say of course but took me a while until I found out)

STURTZ

Tom Ravenscroft is John Peel's son of course

(I say of course but took me a while until I found out)
And doesn't he sound like him?!

Banksy

1703757366905.jpeg

Banksy

1703757460837.jpeg

Banksy

1706030756613.jpeg

iscalad