• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The England Thread

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

England seem tired and out of ideas, need an injection of new blood especailly upfront so why doesnt
Eddie Nketiah get in the team?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've said it many times : Southgate is clueless. Yes, we reached important semi-finals, but we were fortunate that we avoided the top teams. As soon as we play any good team we have no ideas about how to break them down .
Our build-up is slow and predictable. And there is no Plan B.
I'm tired of seeing Mr Nice Guy Mother Teresa blabbing on. We need a manager who can drive the players on, be creative, and be less defensive. I'd honestly rather see Harry Rednap as manager - things are so bad.
Anybody who thinks we can win the World Cup under Southgate must be from another planet. Four more wasted years

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
England seem tired and out of ideas, need an injection of new blood especailly upfront so why doesnt

Because he's barely good enough to start for an Arsenal side beaten to the Champions League places by an incredibly average Tottenham side.

England do not need an injection of new blood. They need a decent bloody break. Some of those players have barely had a day off since the resumption of the 19/20 season, post covid lockdown.

grecIAN Harris

Instead of who exactly? Kane? Go and have a smoke of whatever you're on again. Foden? Grealish? Seriously?? I think I might even be persuaded to have Sterling in front of Nkehtia and I can't the show pony that is Sterling.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Instead of who exactly? Kane? Go and have a smoke of whatever you're on again. Foden? Grealish? Seriously?? I think I might even be persuaded to have Sterling in front of Nkehtia and I can't the show pony that is Sterling.
I would put him in the squad, to provide a bit of competition as the current players seem stale and tired.

IndoMike

It's true that Sterling does run into a dead end sometimes, but he doesn't give up and can cut through defences. Also he has the knack of appearing in the box out of nowhere. I'm not a huge fan of Sterling, but he's not as bad as you make out.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Great poll on Twitter. Who manages Sterling the best?
  • Liz Truss
  • Gareth Southgate

:D

iscalad

Great poll on Twitter. Who manages Sterling the best?
  • Liz Truss
  • Gareth Southgate

:D
Surely this should be on the politics thread...Mods....

geoffwp

Anybody who thinks we can win the World Cup under Southgate must be from another planet. Four more wasted years
Not wasted for me fortunately Mike as I never bother with England International games. Over and out for me on this thread.👍😎

Alistair20000

Tremendous fight back from England tonight but Pate is going to rear up when he sees Pope’s blunder that gave the Germans their equaliser.