• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Debate

A377 Lad

Cameron was way out of his depth tonight. Sign of things to come?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't agree. I liked his Trident out policy. Do we REALLY need yet another nuclear weapons delivery system JUST so we can pretend we are still one of the big boys?? that's a lot of malooma that can be saved.
If it means putting the money into the front line instead of the back line then I can't see too much wrong with that. Prevent our boys from being killed rather than just blowing everybody up.

Poultice

Can't agree. I liked his Trident out policy. Do we REALLY need yet another nuclear weapons delivery system JUST so we can pretend we are still one of the big boys??
And the great thing is, as long as the Yanks don't blab, we could cancel it and still pretend to have it, you ever seen a fully functioning Trident Sub ?

Last edited:

Poultice

Nothing but the Welsh and the Sweatys bitching on the BBC now.

Mackster

A great night for Lib Dems. Got to share an equal platform instead of just being seen as a minority party. Great tactic to keep saying the other two are sh*te as it reinforces pretty much what most of the electorate think. It built up Clegg's public persona which up until now was pretty much zero.

The trouble I see is that the Lib Dems would pick up most votes from Labour voters and give the Tories an easy win, rather than making it a genuine 3 horse race.

geoffwp

Cameron was way out of his depth tonight. Sign of things to come?
Well im no Tory mate but I didn't see Cameron as being out of his depth, in fact he was quite impressive at times. Bottom line for me though is the class issue. Tories will always be a party for the bosses, landowners, gentry and generally those who have a lot and have no intention to share it with anyone else. Cameron has tried to divest the party of those clothes but you only have to look at the audience at Brighton to see they are all still wearing them.

Last edited:

angelic upstart

Cameron wasn't out of his depth. He laid the populist sh*t on very, very thick though.

geoffwp

The trouble I see is that the Lib Dems would pick up most votes from Labour voters and give the Tories an easy win, rather than making it a genuine 3 horse race.
Tactical voting you mean Mackster? Just never really felt able to go along with that. I've always voted for what I really want, regardless of whether it might be seen as a wasted vote. Trouble is the constituency where I live is a Tory safe seat (Blaby). At the last election their vote was more than all other parties combine though the turn out was less than 40%. Do I feel disenfranchised and unrepresented? Bet your deposit I do!

Didnt we do rather well there Geoff?

Grecian2K

Could I stand in Aldershot and declare my undying love for City? And do the door-stepping stuff!
Course you could mate...with COMMENDABLE HONESTY

(Would almost certainly result in a HUNG Parliament, I fear :()