• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Day we played Brazil (the play) - 16-27th July

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do we know if they are bringing out a DVD?

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do we know if they are bringing out a DVD?
I believe they are gg.

ALOTBSOL

Needs to be printed in the programme and played over the tannoy before each game. Not enough people will have seen the show to remember the tune!
Should get one of the ladies onto the pitch before each game to sing it- National anthem style :p I know for a fact some of them are going to be there again for Pompy.

And yes, there is going to be a DVD- I think it's just a case of working out details before we all hear something

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should get one of the ladies onto the pitch before each game to sing it- National anthem style :p I know for a fact some of them are going to be there again for Pompy.
Wow, some actual entertainment instead of dribbling kids (again)?! I know it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but it would be something different, entertaining and actually City-related.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow, some actual entertainment instead of dribbling kids (again)?! I know it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but it would be something different, entertaining and actually City-related.
It would, however, depend on a fully functioning PA system!

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
She's probably used to belting 'em out on the stage :) I'm sure we'd hear.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Needs to be printed in the programme and played over the tannoy before each game. Not enough people will have seen the show to remember the tune!
Having seen the show this is exactly what I thought. A great anthom and one which we can all identify with and perhaps even the most reluctant singers will be caught up in the emotion and join in.

whiff

Having seen the show this is exactly what I thought. A great anthom and one which we can all identify with and perhaps even the most reluctant singers will be caught up in the emotion and join in.
Agree 100%. Does anyone know the story behind it? Was it composed specially for the show?

ALOTBSOL

Agree 100%. Does anyone know the story behind it? Was it composed specially for the show?
Written specifically for the show as part of the recurring theme. Composed by Chris Williams, Lyrics by Nick Stimson (the writer/director).

I think there's going to be a CD as well... maybe the club should buy it to use as the pre-match soundtrack?

whiff

Written specifically for the show as part of the recurring theme. Composed by Chris Williams, Lyrics by Nick Stimson (the writer/director).

I think there's going to be a CD as well... maybe the club should buy it to use as the pre-match soundtrack?
Thanks for the quick reply!