• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The burning question

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are we in fact sh*tter than Argyle ?

jase 07

At the moment statisically no, but we are not far off. Lots of time for us to improve though, I don't think they will improve much if atall this season.

Mr.Sparkle

At penalty shootouts we're not

foxy jim

No but not far off.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
No we've won some games this season

Mackster

Fark Off!

Have Argyle been better than us for the last four years? I would argue no, they cheated by getting £17m in debt to achieve mid-table in the Championship. This achievement should now be expunged now they've gone bust.

budegrecian

Behave yourself. No!

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Fark Off!

Have Argyle been better than us for the last four years? I would argue no, they cheated by getting £17m in debt to achieve mid-table in the Championship. This achievement should now be expunged now they've gone bust.
Where do I get started on this?.

Well for one I could point out that the scum were in fact better than us until quite recently. I hate to say that, but I don't live in a World misted by denial.

As for cheating. £17 million of debt didn't come into it. I'm as anti-Argyle as many on here, but thats just a business plan that didn't work and ultimately gave rise to huge debts.

A club our size (averaging overall at that time less than 4,000) can run up a million or 3. A Championship side with not great, but far more healthy support & an an Olympic dream, can rack up far larger debts.

I've no sympathy for the arseholes who gambled with Argyle, even less do I like Argyle itself. But it pains me that should Argyle go to the wall, the people who will suffer most, are Mr & Mrs Average.

Mackster

Where do I get started on this?.

Well for one I could point out that the scum were in fact better than us until quite recently. I hate to say that, but I don't live in a World misted by denial.

As for cheating. £17 million of debt didn't come into it. I'm as anti-Argyle as many on here, but thats just a business plan that didn't work and ultimately gave rise to huge debts.

A club our size (averaging overall at that time less than 4,000) can run up a million or 3. A Championship side with not great, but far more healthy support & an an Olympic dream, can rack up far larger debts.

I've no sympathy for the arseholes who gambled with Argyle, even less do I like Argyle itself. But it pains me that should Argyle go to the wall, the people who will suffer most, are Mr & Mrs Average.
Did I really believe what I posted? Nah, not really, just treating the OP with disdain it deserves and highlighting that the Gargs are where they deserve to be for living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget.

Rog H K

no!
End of thread​