• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The best game ever

les.gtfc

If I remember rightly the previous season Southend, Cambridge and your boys came up from the old 4th with Terry Cooper's might reds. The following season Southend, Cambridge and Grimsby repeated the feat. And Exeter??? Lower/mid table obscurity!!! Would settle for that right now.
Yeah thats right. I doubt that 3 teams promoted the previous season have all gone up the next very often.

Jersey Tone

Yeah thats right. I doubt that 3 teams promoted the previous season have all gone up the next very often.
I'm sure you're right. Very decent of City to stand aside and let everyone else take the honours!! Still, can't complain, our turn came last season.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best game in The Conference on entertainment value has to be against Torquay but at Christmas. Seven goals, a red card, the fightback by our feather freinds, us grimley hanging on to a deserved victory and all in all some decent football being played.
The play-off semi final games............... we didn't really turn up for the first leg and the second leg was crap until Edwards made THAT tackle on the edge of our box and then made THAT run to set up Harley to drag us back into the game.
As for the best game ever, City 4 -0 Newcastle. End of.

IBA

Agree with Mr H

EXETER CITY 4 NEWCASTLE UNITED 0

Thames Valley Red

Newcastle was a good game (FBH did you make that one!), the fans falling down the bank of the cowshed forever lives in my memory, as does the overhead kick from Pearson.

UTC

TVR

IBA

I remember as a child being mildly terrified of being crushed as we were in the middle of the Cow Shed as wave upon wave of City fans seemed to fall upon me every time City scored.

LOG

Horace Goes Skiing.

fred binneys head

Horace Goes Skiing.
:) :) LOL! Great game on the Spectrum. And by that I mean it was f*cking rubbish.

Last edited:

dan harvey

torquay away,i remember them scoreing and thinking thats it ,oxford even when they scored i knew we would go on to wem,but whot about burton after a draw felt like we won it ,may be we did?

citytrue

If we are talking BSP then one game that has to feature is the 5-2 win at Forest Green during our first season in the BSP. 2 Great goals from Sean Devine on a hot Sept afternoon which finally kick started our season after a disappointing start to non league football. That chip from Devine will live long in the memory! (as will the Sean Devine, Devine chant that afternoon!) Classic and priceless!