• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The ashes thread

Poundstretcher

Absolutely dreadful. But what do you expect with the triumverate of Bopara, End and Harmy in the side.
Quite hard to blame Harmison for that one, tbf.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I cant help feeling boycott will be speaking a fair bit on Thursday about adding two wickets to the score when Cook and Strauss are batting .. with Ravi giving it away and Sherman at 4 .. 90 for 0 could easily become 111-3 ...

But i hope not ...
looks like i was one test early on this one ..

58-0 became what 64-3 and 80-5 ...

fecking pathetic ...

richards

Another shocker of a day for England. Without Pietersen and Flintoff in the team we've no real backbone !. Bopara must surely be dropped for the final test on his current form.But yet again all the batsman have let us down. I fear the Ashes are lost once more and even the rain won't save us this time........(I think its due Monday and it'll all be over by then !.)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Quite hard to blame Harmison for that one, tbf.
So I imagined at the time Geoff Boycott launching into one about the quality (or otherwise) of the bowling on the first day?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Johnson strikes! Not a good shot from Bell, he's prodded at one outside off and tamely edges to Ponting at second slip

I didn't see his dismissal yesterday as was on way back to station from pub, but how flippin' typical is this for Bell? :mad:

If he and Bopara play at The Oval we might as well hand the urn over before the t*ss.

brumgrecian

At last something to smile about. Far too little too late, but at the moment it's great to watch

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
That went well.

The mighty Grecian

Brilliant performance from England good to see Harmison back all fired up and taking England out of Jail again, Superb innings from Ian Bell again. Justifies selectors choice of going back to the players who have been getting chance after chance and not performing

Stuey Broad Crap yet again with bat and ball, not good enough

don't get me started on Andrew Strauss terrible Captain and his batting record since taking over the captaincy speaks for itself, not good enough

I would retain my faith with Harmison would bring back Vaughan from retirement to captain and bat at number 3, Ian Bell at number 4 drop swanny bring back Monty as well

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
think the mighty grecian must be a little unwell.

Id line up like this at the oval
Cook
Strauss
KEY
Bell
Collingwood
Prior
Flintoff
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Onions

And then we've got to go and do the basics well, and win the t*ss. how hard can it be

journeyman

Get Ramprakash in!