• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Alex Nicholls appreciation thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He did a pretty good job of beating his man and not fluffing his cross to set up the second goal on Saturday*

*only one example, i know.
I can think of a few more, like beating several against Swindon, and his MOM (from the bench) performance against Morecambe last season where the left back spent the first 20 minutes after the final whistle untying his legs.

DanceMagnet

Intelligent footballer who was tremendous alongside Cummings at Tranmere last season. I hope he gets the chance to play in the forward role.

older-codger

Better all round footballer than Tom Nichols and given an opportunity up front would score more goals IMO

Ashford Grecian

very underrated gets a (y) + (clap) from me

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Works hard usually contributes and scores the odd goal.
On the whole like him

OllyMorey

Sort of player that needs to be given one position and focus on that to be good. He does run at players and when he gets going does have a bit of pace, contrary to what others here say. He'd be my first choice to start next to Stockley due to his energy and intent, as I'm not a huge fan of Reid I think he lacks that bit of skill and doesn't know how to use his pace like Tom did by running off the defender. Watkins is decent but not ready yet and Hoskins will be a bench player as I don't trust him to stay fit if he starts over 5 games in a row lol. And Clinton, well, can rot in the reserves, offers nothing nowadays.

charEXE

My old man chats with Steve perryman occasionally and asked him about Alex earlier this season. Steve said that at Exeter they see him as a winger but he can full in across the midfield and, only if desperately needed, upfront.
I also appreciate him and I think he is one of the hardest workers in the Exeter team at the moment.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I appreciate Alex Nicholls. Always have.

It was him that sparked our surge up the table last season when he joined on loan when at the time, we were looking hopeless. As mentioned, away at Tranmere he was brilliant playing just off Cummins up front so that's where I see his best position at.

Good dribbler, works hard, and no arguments with his goal record. Important player.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that being the only Nicholls/Nichols in the team now will be the making of him. :)

Last edited:

oxford don

He did a pretty good job of beating his man and not fluffing his cross to set up the second goal on Saturday*

*only one example, i know.
Once a game is enough !

I think he's a very clever player.

Considering he's had two bad breaks its a surprise he still has the enthusiasm for the game..

Quite low mileage as well for a 28 year old.