• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

That stupid music when we score a goal....

MEW

My two boy's love the music - it is now part of the excitement after we have scored a goal! It is great to see the majority of our supporters joining in! Never mind the "old Farts" who moan as they moan about anything!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
So you're seriously saying that that goal celebration music has been going on for years?

Well, I'm buggered if I've ever heard it before, either while I'm at a match or listening on the radio.

It sounds like the sort of crap they used to play at Exeter Speedway between races, when the announcer wasnt bawling 2-4-6-8 Who do we appreciate etc...
Goal music has been going on and off at SJP for 11 years now - FACT!

Stuart Storer's Tache

Goal music has been going on and off at SJP for 11 years now - FACT!
True, I seem to remember Song 2 by Blur at some point

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
My two boy's love the music - it is now part of the excitement after we have scored a goal! It is great to see the majority of our supporters joining in! Never mind the "old Farts" who moan as they moan about anything!
Hate to **** on your barbecue but I'm 24 :p

GJW

I know some people love it and that's fair enough, but are you really telling me you prefer it to the traditional goal celebrations that have been used for 100 years?

When you go to away games and we score do you just sit there and wish that Tom Hark was playing?

Do you really prefer Tom Hark to the spontaeneous goal celebrations that are carried out around the country at Clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd and when we play away.

Would you not celebrate if we score away or enjoy it less?

Would it really ruin the way you celebrate a goal if there was no music?

Would it bother you that some of your fellow fans (proportion unknown but I'm going for 50-60%) don't like it and prefer it when we ALL celebrate together in a manner that seems fit at the time?

Barney Singleton

There seems to be a lot of bitterness here. I think we should be more worried about the next few months keeping our status in League 1

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
GJW et al get it right. It's tinpot and sh*te. I won't expect RAWZ, tafgokaowhat? etc to understand as they are all matey with the guys who choose to play this sh*te.

And while we're at it: stop playing The White Stripes before kick off. No one joins in because that too is TINPOT AND SH*TE.

Hopefully when we play the scum next year the music will be off with 15mins to go, should always be the case, but please don't ruin that one.

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Wey hey!!! :D :D Helllo Max :D

:)

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
GJW et al get it right. It's tinpot and sh*te. I won't expect RAWZ, tafgokaowhat? etc to understand as they are all matey with the guys who choose to play this sh*te.
Im matey with Plymouth Argyle fans, doesnt mean I choose to support them! But no im thick as sh*t and dont understand a thing....will crawl back under my rock Max and cry myself to sleep :D

You do yourself by no favours by saying its tinpot and sh*te and plead to stop playing it! In retrospect im not the worlds biggest fan of goal music but f*ck all I can do about it and have more to worry about to be honest

Last edited:

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hate to **** on your barbecue but I'm 24 :p
Going on 64 i heard :p