• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thanks and good luck to Simon Larkins

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know this has already been mentioned on the social media thread but I think it deserves a thread of its own. Simon, along with his partner-in-crime Scott Palfrey, has done a magnificent job over the last few years and I've particularly enjoyed his interviews with Matt Taylor; it can't be easy interviewing the same person so often but he always managed to get something interesting out of the manager.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
^^^^
Good shout..I concur with those sentiments.

malcolms

Is there a sell on clause ?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Undisclosed!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We get to keep the 'canary' cage I believe !
Thanks for all you've done for us Simon - One a Grecian ALWAYS a Grecian !

andrew p long

I was wondering about this pre Covid. Simon had done a good job at ECFC and it seemed to me that it might only be a matter of time before he moved on to a (much) bigger club. Rather like our footballears, ECFC can be a good place to grow and improve, enabling a subsequent step up.

and conversely Covid caused me to worry about staff cuts. Fortunately we are very well placed with the very competent and hugely popular Scott Palfrey in post. And so the cycle will begin again, right down to the University students who volunteer to assist with some media work, a great starting point for a career that is so difficult to break into.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was wondering about this pre Covid. Simon had done a good job at ECFC and it seemed to me that it might only be a matter of time before he moved on to a (much) bigger club. Rather like our footballears, ECFC can be a good place to grow and improve, enabling a subsequent step up.

and conversely Covid caused me to worry about staff cuts. Fortunately we are very well placed with the very competent and hugely popular Scott Palfrey in post. And so the cycle will begin again, right down to the University students who volunteer to assist with some media work, a great starting point for a career that is so difficult to break into.
We've also already had the excellent Craig Bratt helping out with the media side of things and I believe he'll be doing more on matchdays next season.

And as for any covid-related staff cuts I personally think the first use of any Watkins windfall should be re-employ as many of these people as possible.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Disappointed with Simon, always thought he was a true City fan,.Crawled off to Norwich, hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Matt Gill.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disappointed with Simon, always thought he was a true City fan,.Crawled off to Norwich, hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Matt Gill.
The Matt Gill who was later U23 coach at Norwich and is now 1st team coach at Ipswich?

That Matt Gill?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
********, next media manger for ECFC ??