• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Ethan Ampadu

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Yeah good luck to Ethan. He is worth more but 1.3m is still a lot of money for us, and we would be very unlucky not to get at least the remaining 1.25m over the next couple of seasons, even if we don't get the big sell on.

IBA

Given Ethan's age and status at the time when he signed for Chelsea I think that the pay-out to us is in line with what I would have expected

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Not complaining about the deal. If he does as well as he should do, then the sell-on clause will more than make up for things. Merci Messrs Ampadu. (LLL)

hardi2b

Yes my sentiments exactly Rae well said (y)

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks indeed and good luck in the future. As others have said, Chelsea and Exeter City have put cases forward to a tribunal reflecting a value. Both clubs would be foolhardy not to put forward their strongest arguments to get the best financial outcome. The tribunal follow their rules whether we like them or otherwise and make a binding decision. If he goes on to make it in the top flight both City and Chelsea will gain, and if he ends up like others who fall from grace then he is not worth additional significant value anyway. I certainly think he has the potential to become a regular in the premier league, and if that happens it is money in the bank for us, and a great asset for Chelsea. The 20% is the biggie, as the current tribunal rules were always going to make a big up front payment unlikely

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed, also wont we get a small cut of any future transfer as his training club under a solidarity payment deal?

citizen

Must admit I never thought we’d have the opportunity to see him play in a city shirt, so well done to all concerned. Ethan and his family certainly did their best to ensure that city would receive some reward. I think we owe them a debt of thanks.

I’ve never trusted the FA or Premier****e for what they are doing to “English/British” football. The quotes relate to the fact that the Premier****e is now largely a foreign league, with no concerns for the status of the England team. The Chumpion****e is fast becoming another vehicle for foreign players to the extent that the England team may one day include league 1 and 2 players through necessity.
Agree with all of this, but it shows how far City have come when people are disappointed to ONLY get 1.3 million for a quality youngster.
Yes Chelsea can afford more ,but thats the way of the so called top league and thats the reason I can`t stand it. UTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.