• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Terriers

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Popular for Huddersfield as he's still highly thought of up there.
That's because they had him when he could walk.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
A lot of our fans (not me) will be calling for his head if we don't go up and that's for sure, I don't know about the Club Board of Directors! Dean Hoyle the owner/chairman is a fan as much as any of us and I can't imagine he'll stand for failure, especially having spend a lot of dough!
Good stuff. Enjoy the journey and hopefully you get a 3-0 spanking but can't see it somehow.

Acetripper

Every now and again we take a real spanking in an away game (Southampton and Carlisle Utd spring to mind most recently) but most of the time we tend to hold our own. Teams also seem to put that extra bit of effort in against us, probably because we're seen as being one of the 'big spenders' in League One. Indeed, if I had a tenner for every opposing fan who's said 'that's the best we've played this season' after playing us, then my bank balance would be a lot healthier.

Expectation at our club this season has been greater than at any time since 1999/2000 season when we were top of the Championship and buying players for £Million+. As a result of increased fan expectation the pressure on players and staff has been tremendous and at times it's shown. No of us are complaining but it seems to make getting the right results on the field doubly difficult because everyone one wants to beat us.

Anyway,

Last edited:

Acetripper

Okay, not here to gloat! I actually thought the conditions spoiled the game as a spectacle. We just couldn't play our usual football in the first half but once we weren't battling against the wind in the second, we started to find each other. If I'm honest 1-4 was harsh on your lads but as I said earlier the team that wanted it most won on the day. Terrific result for us of course!

Good luck for the rest of the season especially Monday night. I can see it being a Carlisle Utd v Exeter City Final.;)