• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Swindon away - 1 / 1 / 2019

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would generally agree that Aaron Martin has had a decent season thus far. However, on Saturday Matt Taylor chose to play a 19 year old centre back at left back, when he could have moved Moxey across to left back and played Aaron Martin at centre back. Given that Martin is not injured, this would seem to suggest that the manager no longer fancies him (for whatever reason). I don't know why Matt Taylor is not selecting him, but I have a "huntch" that we might have seen the last of Aaron Martin in a City shirt. I hope I am wrong.
I agree with this. (Except that Hartridge is a full back by trade. His senior men’s football has been played mainly at left back - principally at Truro on loan where he has played something like 40 games at left back.

Yes he can play centre half as well and has done for City (U23s or Checkatrade nonsense?) but he is not being played out of position when left back.)

Ashford Grecian

can't see any other threads and looks like I might be able to make this now, can we purchase tickets on the day does anyone know?

crocks

can't see any other threads and looks like I might be able to make this now, can we purchase tickets on the day does anyone know?
Yes, not a problem. Also, sit where you like.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is a ticket booth to the left of the away turnstiles. It was cash only for us last year, though IIRC they did get a CC machine later on.

Ashford Grecian

Nice one thanks for that, fingers crossed I can make it now...

Colesman Ballz

Pym,
Sweeney, O'Shea, Moxey, Woodman,
Holmes, Taylor, Law, Collins,
L.Martin,
(Stockley)/Forte.

STURTZ

Much though I liked Hartridge on Saturday I think Woodman is our first choice left back , his experience and crossing ability give him the edge. Like to see Harts used regularly perhaps ready to start as no.3 next season perhaps. The dropping of the early favourite Aaron Martin has done nothing to stop us conceding sloppy goals, bring him back.

Pym

Oates (why not?), Martin A, Moxey, Woodman.

Collins

Ogbene, Law, Taylor, Holmes

Stockley, Forte.

Red Devon

Pym,
Sweeney, O'Shea, Moxey, Woodman,
Holmes, Taylor, Law, Collins,
L.Martin,
(Stockley)/Forte.
Just a couple of tweaks

A Martin for Moxey
Stockley/ Abrahams

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Much though I liked Hartridge on Saturday I think Woodman is our first choice left back , his experience and crossing ability give him the edge. Like to see Harts used regularly perhaps ready to start as no.3 next season perhaps. The dropping of the early favourite Aaron Martin has done nothing to stop us conceding sloppy goals, bring him back.

Pym

Oates (why not?), Martin A, Moxey, Woodman.

Collins

Ogbene, Law, Taylor, Holmes

Stockley, Forte.
Is it pedantic to point out that this team has 12 players?..:D

Colesman Ballz

Is it pedantic to point out that this team has 12 players?..:D
Probably but I am sure that it was fun all the same ! ;)