• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taxi for Tisdale

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Aprils fools.....

To be fair if it meant we was shot of him I'd be delighted if he got the job

IndoMike

No chance. Can you imagine the press "Manager of near bottom of the whole League Exeter who has won 5 home matches in a calendar year, who has no experience dealing with top flight youngsters and whose academy has never produced a proven top quality player is selected as U21 manager". Kit man would be more appropriate.

Last edited:

andrew p long

No chance. Can you imagine the press "Manager of near bottom of the whole League Exeter who has won 5 home matches in a calendar year, who has no experience dealing with top flight youngsters and whose academy has never produced a proven top quality player is selected as U21 manager". Kit man would be more appropriate.
But they have just picked as England manager someone whose top flight record ended in relegation...........

Gordon Dale

CREDYGRECIAN: Absolutely understand where you're coming from, regarding 'April Fools'....one would be sensible not to to completely lose sight of the '2016 Factor'...Brexit, Trump , and now ( perhaps?) PT for the England U.21 Manager !

He was, after all, apparently 'born under a lucky star' ...being teflon coated , rewarded handsomely and been the most fortunate individual EVER to have managed ECFC .

You're possibly also temporarily losing sight of another 'factor' in that, the FA will be fully aware that PT will be able to call upon the services of Matt Oakley on occasions when it is permitted to select a Senior Player' to the 'U21' squad !!

IndoMike

But they have just picked as England manager someone whose top flight record ended in relegation...........
Top flight, not bottom flight.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the latest update from the E&E, the Stale of course has denied all knowledge of any link to the England U21 job!

StroudGrecian

If I was interviewing him my first questions would be:

1. If you believe in youth development so much, why do you waste large % of your budget on journeymen old boys?

2. How much of the credit for the development of the youth players that have come through should go to yourself and not your staff.

3. Do you actually play and develop anymore youth players than your average lower league football manager, or is this just a myth created by your devoted following?

Probably a good job for him I am not asking the questions :)
So, to maintain a fair and transparent recruitment process, you'd be asking all the candidates these questions then?

So, to maintain a fair and transparent recruitment process, you'd be asking all the candidates these questions then?
Absolutely! Other than the last part of question 3 which is only applicable to Mr T.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
iscalad: I'm not surprised and what's more I genuinely believe he'll be appointed.

The ECFC Academy is renowned . Cit's U.21s have performed with distinction against Premiership and Championship opposition . The Academy is now credited with The Wales u.18. Player of the Year. PT is the longest serving manager in the League which augurs well for stability. PT is very much 'a political animal and has openly declared that 'Football is rotten to the Core' so in that sense could be just what the FA ordered after what can only be described as the 2016 Annus Horribilis .

Good luck to PT.I hope he he's appointed. He'll be content with 500K p.a.. ECFC will receive full compensation and attract first class candidates anxious to follow in his footsteps.
GD with you on this and a win win outcome for everyone. I am in the Tisdale out camp purely on the home results and not just results but also performances. Having said that you have to give credit when it his due for our amazing away record in recent seasons bearing in mind that in my 50 odd years of supporting City we have rarely been that successful away from SJP.

So off he goes to the FA then at some future date lands the top job.......interesting to then look back and reflect at what the majority of us have been saying on here about his managerial prowess......stranger things have happened.....or have they !!?

Terryhall

Iwan Roberts saying on the BBC that Newport should leave Rodney Parade as it's affecting their home form - 'only won one this season', and 'only won 7 of 31 this calendar year'

Maybe we should swap with them?