• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Taking one for the team'

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was the last man, it was a red.

Simples.

Red Alert

Whilst it stopped a goal, going down to 10 men inevitably lead to them scoring.

It is naive in the extreme and will lead to an unnecessary suspension. With 11 men I thought there would only be one winner, even if they did score a second
IMO he was our best player at the time, then he made this stupid tackle and got sent off. There was a good chance with Duffy harassing him and Jones in goal they wouldn't have scored and we would have still had 11 on the pitch.

Joshyd123

He was the last man, it was a red.

Simples.
Added to the fact that we still got a point and will hopefully have Matty T and/or Troy back for the game(s) Duffy is suspended for.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Your inference on the matchday thread was overall and now to suggest you're just on about this season is not only a poor attempt to side step your own gaff but harsh in the extreme on Duffers. We've only played three games for God sake. If you'd come out with after we'd played double figures then you might just have a valid point.
If we're all gonna get pedantic, here ("every other week") I'm gonna join in... He "implies", and from that I "infer"...Yes, I am a snooty barsteward

IndoMike

Agreed.We need someone who has "a bit of the night" about them.
In that case, maybe Wee Miss should play in our defense,.. :)

IndoMike

I don't approve of the use of the professional foul. But I was willing Duffy to pull him down and stop what probably would have been a goal.

I don't blame Duffy. A bit of cynicism will do us good.
:S.... What..? Taking both sides..?

arthur

Having ten men for the second halfcould be a price worth paying - losing your best defender for three games is not. I'd rather have conceded a goal (which we did not long after anyway) and gone on to win...

ecfctis

If Duffy was carrying a bit of an injury from the first half, then you can understand why he did it. He'd lost just that yard on the striker, and probably felt he would not catch him and 'jockey' him out towards the touchline. Most good strikers should beat the keeper 1on1, so he obviously 'took the hit'.
More the issue to me and which should be of concern to Tis, is where this and other errors stemmed from - Noble I'm afraid. Whilst it is obvious Noble is - or was quality - he is needing time to settle. Unfortunately this settling in period has already cost us two goals from his break down in open play, and imho were relatively unecessary.

GrecianWonder

Having ten men for the second halfcould be a price worth paying - losing your best defender for three games is not.
3 match ban is for violent conduct.

1 match ban for professional foul

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
:S.... What..? Taking both sides..?
Yes! It happens at times. Its a bit like I want us to win playing beautifully, by actually I want us to win, and don't care how we do it!