• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taggy's review of 2014/15

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
No mention of the home form - disappointing.
He not going to slag off his best buddy ;)

PeteUSA

I notice that not once does he mention Tisdale or aportion any credit towards him for anything. He probably thought that he'd be best off by covering the areas he feels we're strong in team/squadwise without giving PT any credit for it. He normally goes down the route of 'how lucky we are to have him'.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Reasonable statement given the generation of cash in the last 12 months or so. Otherwise, a bit ordinary.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The only area we seem or always ignore when releasing these type of statements is the only one most average blokes on the street are interested in - the team.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
"The willingness of the manager to play untried and very raw players..." stands out for me.

Over the summer we signed Troy, Bobby and Clint and the injury ravaged Hoskins. We've had 2 ineffective 30+ at left back whilst the untried and raw CRL is playing in Conf South. If Oakley doesn't play, Butterfield does. Morrison has played more than Watkins or Read, he is bereft of any young midfield options so with unfit Noble and Harley he has ended up playing Holmes, Nichols A, Grant there - to the detriment of results.

OK Tilson has been given games and JMT continues to progress but wouldn't describe him as untried. Pym and Hamon have been ditched (even though I like Bobby)

If we were 14th having had a mixed season but had seen a team of predominately 19 - 23 year olds give it their all and play some attractive stuff mixed in with the inevitable mistakes, the mood at SJP would be more upbeat.

manc grecian

"The willingness of the manager to play untried and very raw players..." stands out for me.

Over the summer we signed Troy, Bobby and Clint and the injury ravaged Hoskins. We've had 2 ineffective 30+ at left back whilst the untried and raw CRL is playing in Conf South. If Oakley doesn't play, Butterfield does. Morrison has played more than Watkins or Read, he is bereft of any young midfield options so with unfit Noble and Harley he has ended up playing Holmes, Nichols A, Grant there - to the detriment of results.

OK Tilson has been given games and JMT continues to progress but wouldn't describe him as untried. Pym and Hamon have been ditched (even though I like Bobby)

If we were 14th having had a mixed season but had seen a team of predominately 19 - 23 year olds give it their all and play some attractive stuff mixed in with the inevitable mistakes, the mood at SJP would be more upbeat.
Great post that.

Tell us something we don't know!
So, we have been saved by the Grimes windfall and the Nichols 'give away'. It will be interesting to see the figures this time next year after 'our lord and master' fritters away all the profits on aging has beens. in the meantime we are fed more Bull from the Chairman of the Board who spends more time in his 'so called' statement making excuses for why our underperforming manager and playing squad will struggle to compete next season with other clubs who are due for a take over.
Time to go.... Tis, Taggy and the Trust, we need new blood, fresh ideas and the funds to compete in the future.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The only area we seem or always ignore when releasing these type of statements is the only one most average blokes on the street are interested in - the team.
This is a statement to shareholders, not the average bloke on the street.

On the up

That's how I saw it. With this years successful cup runs, I'd expect the financial position of the club to become even stronger.
Actual football playing matters belong to Tis. At the end of the season I'd expect he'll give his view of how the football went. Suspect most posters also know that.

Saint James

In other clkubs that would be the case but we only have one meaningful shareholder - The Trust and that is comprised of 3,000 "average blokes on the street"