• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taggy and Henderson are off to Brazil!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Club have just published this photo on Facebook.

On the back of those shirts I think we may well have the date. 21/7/14... after the world cup.

Good old "Signs Express" pull up....

lmartin

Administrator
On the back of those shirts I think we may well have the date. 21/7/14... after the world cup.
Whoops, just been told that was the date of the original fixture. Still... it could be the same day I guess ha.

Tavybey

This is the Brazil squad for the game at City in 2004:

BRANCO, Silas, Paulo Roberto, Nelsinho, Valber, Mauricinho, Goncalves, RICARDO ROCHA, PAULO SERGIO, Alexandre Torres, Wellerson, Wagner, Careca, JORGINHO, MAZINHO, DUNGA.

The ones in capitals were in the 1994 World Cup winning squad.
Here are the line-ups which played on the day:

Exeter City (4-4-2): M Rice (J Bittner h-t); D Clay (W O’Sullivan h-t), C Todd (G Sawyer h-t), D Seaborne (M Villis h-t), D Moxey (A Jeannin h-t); B McConnell, G Cronin, A Taylor (K Ampadu h-t), G Sheldon; S Devine (S Flack h-t), S Canham (L Afful h-t).

Brazilian Masters (3-5-2): Wagner; Ricardo Rocha, Goncalves, Torres; Jorginho (Paulo Roberto 80), Silas, Dunga, Valber, Mazinho; Paulo Sergio (Nelsinho 72), Careca (Mauricinho 87).

Last edited:

Bittners a Legend

I thought the original release, aside from the excitement, didn't really say a lot but there is some interesting stuff in there. An official link between the clubs would be impressive and Tim Vickery is definitely the sort of guy you want on your side in terms of serious promotion to a wide media audience.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hope they don't have a picture of Taggy wearing his shirt. :-O

malcolms

Club have just published this photo on Facebook.

3 good looking, well turned out Brazilians and 2 old soaks from Devon :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
3 good looking, well turned out Brazilians and 2 old soaks from Devon :)
Good looking? You have strange taste in men Malcs.

;)

MikeGrecian

At least it's off-loaded some of the crappy Carbrini merchandise,poor bleeders.;)

malcolms

Good looking? You have strange taste in men Malcs.

;)
You ask your wife Hants.........

scottus86

Seems were making some good relationships with Fluminese, the top team in Brazil, could there be any potential loan deals worth doing there in January... I hope they're doing a little scouting while they're there.