• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taggy and Henderson are off to Brazil!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well.
Does anyone remember the line ups? And scorers perhaps?
Had a good look round with Google and can't find anything. I don't believe I have a copy of the E&E report any where either, which I could have scanned.

Any one else have the report?

Parklife

Didn't Dunga score their pen?

mwallace

Didn't Dunga score their pen?
Didnt a bloke called cesere (or something like that) score?

chrisnaan

Didnt a bloke called cesere (or something like that) score?
It was Careca.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/exeter_city/3763163.stm

mwallace

Thats the one. Cheers mate.
Still cant find the full line up though

Did Romario and beto play?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I cant believe that nobody other than ******** has given any consideration to the fact that the supporters (through Trust money) are sending TWO club representatives abroad for a series of meetings for a proposed event two years down the road!

According to Tisdale, we apparently have no available money to bring in any players in the january window, and we have to get through the rest of the season with the dross that we've got. Yet this pair are off to try to pull of a game, that in reality, I wouldnt think anybody gives a sh*t about.

All the available spare money we have at this time should be directed towards our financial survival and retaining our League One status. Not on little gettaways like this pair want to embark on! Cant all the discussions about the game in question be conducted over the phone? Why is it imperative that they go there?

Takin' the **** or what?
Pete, I really wish you wouldn't support any of my arguments without first taking the time to understand them.

My issue is not with the money, everybody but you seems to have read the article and concluded that some Suits on the make would be funding the jolly, the issue is with two such important club luminaries taking their eyes off the double whammy of us having a sh*t team and no money to focus on some piece of frou frou trip which might or might not take place in two years time when we could quite easily be back in the Conference.

Then you have got the usual makeweights like MJP going on about the potential income from such a trip, woohoo, you mean like the sort of money we made from the Italian Masters, or the sort of return we could expect from a bar behind the Well St. End when we couldn't put one together in the ten years it has been up and how it has only now been done by outsourcing, this would be the well oiled commercial machine which was going to optimise the return from this wondrous opportunity is it ?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Then you have got the usual makeweights like MJP going on about the potential income from such a trip, woohoo, you mean like the sort of money we made from the Italian Masters, or the sort of return we could expect from a bar behind the Well St. End when we couldn't put one together in the ten years it has been up and how it has only now been done by outsourcing, this would be the well oiled commercial machine which was going to optimise the return from this wondrous opportunity is it ?
BUt there is a potential for money from this. The italian masters in all fairness had disaster written all over it.

At the end of the day lots of aspects of the club could be improved. If the club rejected the chance to go youd be kicking off about the chance of income, publicity and just a general opptunity for the club being wasted wouldnt you.

I personally cannot see the harm of exploring the chance of this happening as it would be amazing for our club, if it dosnt then at least we looked at it without spending our own money on this to find out.

Do i think this couldve waited til the end of the season? Well possibly but the person paying may want to do this now and may not being willing to wait til the end of our season

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
Even if this were being undertaken at our cost, I would say it was a valuable investment of money. It is the sort of high reward potential that I would certainly more than happily invest some of my firm's money in. If it doesn't come of, then we have to say that is the price of "business development" - you win some, you lose some. The most important thing is that we seem to be in with a sensible chance of making this happen.

mole221

I think it should happen now, as it could give us some leverage with sponsors at the beginning of next season. If the deals we're doing are more than a couple of years long, I would imagine that having a tour of Brazil including a match against the national side would be fairly attractive towards any potential investors/sponsors, and the match needs to be definite before we start negotiating anything.

chrisnaan

I think it should happen now, as it could give us some leverage with sponsors at the beginning of next season. If the deals we're doing are more than a couple of years long, I would imagine that having a tour of Brazil including a match against the national side would be fairly attractive towards any potential investors/sponsors, and the match needs to be definite before we start negotiating anything.
Surely it would also be a good bargaining tool for Tis when signing players. If you join us you could get to play against Brazil in 2014.