• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taggy and Henderson are off to Brazil!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
IF something could be arranged to respect this moment of football history and make our club some cash..

Well im more than up for that in so many ways. Just some global attention would be ideal for us. Let alone potential from any clash

greenawayr

A nice little warm up for the World Cup for sure. Beats Yorkshire as the annual long haul away trip for my old man and me!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Surely we need to do this as last time and go by boat? Let's hope on the way back that the Argentinians don't take on the role of the Germans and shoot at us!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Now, I 4-1 would hope this could take place at Olympics time - as it is pretty likely I will be there in any case cheering on my step-cousin (a rising star in the Badminton world - London 2012 will be *just* too soon for him by the looks).

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
It'll certainly be interested to see how this goes...I contacted the club from Rio more than a year ago and offered to assist through our relationship with a number of Brazil's largest conglomerates. I was told that they were happy with the contacts they already had.

I hope someone speaks Portuguese and understands the insular nature of Brazilian business practices.....

STURTZ

Perhaps a link up with avid City fan and now South American football correspondant for several radio stations Tim Sturtridge, could be arranged.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/free-podcast-the-south-american-football-show-2067783.html

I'm sure he would love to be involved as he has been pushing for this game for a long time.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Now, I 4-1 would hope this could take place at Olympics time - as it is pretty likely I will be there in any case cheering on my step-cousin (a rising star in the Badminton world - London 2012 will be *just* too soon for him by the looks).
Oops, of course this is slated for 2014, the Olympics is 2016. It's Monday morning - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps a link up with avid City fan and now South American football correspondant for several radio stations Tim Sturtridge, could be arranged.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/free-podcast-the-south-american-football-show-2067783.html

I'm sure he would love to be involved as he has been pushing for this game for a long time.
Great bloke, is ol' Tim.

STURTZ

Great bloke, is ol' Tim.
"Prozac" is covering the Paris Dakar rally at the moment for Red Bull.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
"Prozac" is covering the Paris Dakar rally at the moment for Red Bull.
I hope they aren't giving him endless supplies of Red Bull, I suspect he's lively enough as it is!