• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg Must Go

barry sansom

Well said Rog, (y)

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
1 Julian has probably done more for this club than any other person I can name.
2 Ive seen Julian standing and working on the BB when he could have been at home enjoying the sunshine in the closed season, Does any chairman of a club queue to buy tickets ?
3 He is probably at every away game just because you cant see him in a directors box doesn't mean he isn't there.
4 Here we go another rumour about all the money he earns while at the club .. Wasn't it quoted the other day at something like 45k a year ?
5 I would hate to think at how much he has put into the club not just in monetary terms either.
6 Who would take on such a job if he does leave ?
7 I don't put into the trust anymore and that's not because of Julian far from it.
Okay agreed, So now please do me a favour? Stop referring to him as JULIAN? Its extremely annoying for all of us.

IndoMike

Firstly Taggy is a local lad who lives in Exeter. I believe therefore his heart and soul is invested in the club. Secondly, he contributed a great deal to the saving of the club and to the existence of our profitable academy. Thirdly, I can't think of many who would fulfill his role, which requires time, energy, a thick skin, and no little stress, without pay. Finally, he has handled the Tis leaving situation very well. Yes, maybe he got too close with Tis and perhaps couldn't be objective, but perhaps that's inevitable in a small club. I am glad he has decided to stay on (as I predicted) and would have been very worried if he hadn't. I much prefered to lose Tis rather than Taggy.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Okay agreed, So now please do me a favour? Stop referring to him as JULIAN? Its extremely annoying for all of us.
Why's that then ? The only people on a match day that call him Mr TAGG are people that don't know him , Try turning up at a game and you'll hear everyone calling him JULIAN !

I like to think calling him by his given name makes him closer to the fanbase.

Last edited:

chunkymorrinmunter

Why's that then ? The only people on a match day that call him Mr TAGG are people that don't know him , Try turning up at a game and you'll hear everyone calling him JULIAN !

I like to think calling him by his given name makes him closer to the fanbase.
Or Taggy, he's the mainstay at the club.

Banksy

Or Taggy, he's the mainstay at the club.
Time to close this negative tread?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tagg has clearly done some good things for the club however some may say he has done very well out of the club.

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Tagg has clearly done some good things for the club however some may say he has done very well out of the club.
They may well. Doesn't mean they are right though.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
They may well. Doesn't mean they are right though.
Looking at his other businesses those without any connection to ECFC don't seem particularly successful.

Antony Moxey

It’s his name, what else should he be called?