• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg: “Regretfully, Paul has decided not to sign.”

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve just read through this thread and there’s an important point here that no-one appears to have recognised. The initiative to reduce the impact of a potentially high contingent liability (i.e. the settlement of a 2 year rolling contract) came from the TRUST. Tisdale was already regarded as the highest paid manager in League 2 when this action was taken. However some time ago the CLUB made a “significantly improved offer.” Isn’t this yet another case of the CLUB riding roughshod over the TRUST, or was the TRUST party to this improved offer?
The main point in my original posting was not to talk about potential salary levels for a new manager (although this is very important). It was to try and establish whether the TRUST was party to the "considerably improved offer" to Tisdale. Can any Trustee answer this please?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Four trustees must have been. What's your point Rightwing?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Four trustees must have been. What's your point Rightwing?
Was this agreed by all Trustees? Was it minuted? There have been occasions in the past when Trust appointed directors have withheld information that should have been made available to ALL Trustees.

Ash

Re: Tis is gone

I won't give him time. If he's doesn't get us promoted then next season will have been a failure and the chance of manager a waste of time as in my view we'd have been better of keeping Tisdale for another year.
Then you're a fool. Any new manager needs to be given time. And we tried to keep Tis, he left of his own accord.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Tis is gone

Then you're a fool. Any new manager needs to be given time. And we tried to keep Tis, he left of his own accord.
We'll never know what the contract that Tisdale turned down contained, but I suspect it was still one of the best deals in the lower leagues. I honestly dont think that Tisdale is as good as he thought he was. I dont know what he'll do at MK Dons assuming he gets that job. Could be he'll retire from football and go work for Ted Baker?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Was this agreed by all Trustees? Was it minuted? There have been occasions in the past when Trust appointed directors have withheld information that should have been made available to ALL Trustees.
The club appoint the manager, not the Trust. Should they run every decision past all the trustees? If that were the case, and knowing the bureaucracy and the snail like speed it moves, we'd still be looking for a successor to Eamon!

It'd take an effing month just to organise a committee to oversee the process.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

The club appoint the manager, not the Trust. Should they run every decision past all the trustees? If that were the case, and knowing the bureaucracy and the snail like speed it moves, we'd still be looking for a successor to Eamon!

So why was there a need for The Trust to run a vote over Tisdales contract in the first place? There wasn't and it should have been left to the board to decide who were far better versed and appreciative to what was happening in a day to day basis with regards Tis's work and performance.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

The Club doesn't appoint the manager. The manager is appointed by a group drawn from both Club Directors and Trustees. There is an ex Trustee who was party to Tisdale's appointment who regularly contributes on here!

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
The Club doesn't appoint the manager. The manager is appointed by a group drawn from both Club Directors and Trustees. There is an ex Trustee who was party to Tisdale's appointment who regularly contributes on here!
No, he manages the club, not the trust. The club appoint the manager. You're talking about an interview process.

Anyway, back to the point, you think that all trustees should be privvy to contract offers?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The time is right & I think Tisdale has made the right decision for his career and for the club it’s the right time to start again and get fresh ideas (the tactics in the final against Coventry show you that)

The win at Torquay with Logie’s header , Rob Edwards at Wembley , Logie’s header at Rotherham , beating Leeds at home , the way he dealt with Stanno’s death - things i give Tisdale massive credit for.