• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town v Exeter City FC Matchday Thread

Rog H K

Arsenal v Crawley round 5 anyone?

journeyman

Seaborne lining up against Man Utd. Could be in for a tough game.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope Crawley get a nice big draw, always found them a really friendly bunch when we went there.

chrisnaan

deliberate handball, thats 3 match ban isn't it? if so he will miss it.
I think its just a one match ban http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dagenham-and-Redbridge-Fc/174376181924

ICE

Hamer had a good game today, looked like he picked up a knock though. Hopefully he will be ok fir Tuesday.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's all about balance though. Maybe we don't have enough bite in that midfield without Dunne to break up opposition attacks and get ours moving? Maybe sacrificing an attacker would make us more attacking? :S
It's an awkward problem Tis has made for himself.He can't drop Noble for too long ,because he is the future for our midfield & if he drops Harley, then what was the point of keeping him on? Dunne is unfairly the fall guy in all this.If results suffer it might turn out that the best choice for the team was to forget about the Harley loan,but only time will tell.

Tis could try a midfield 4 of Harley,Dunne,Noble & Sercs.Thats the only other alternative I can think of after todays midfield line up,but that leaves us too narrow.

journeyman

Personally I'd give Sercombe a rest and see how that works.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Personally I'd give Sercombe a rest and see how that works.
I would agree with this. He seems to be somewhat off his best at the moment.

journeyman

Apparently Tis expressed disappointment at his goalscoring record the other day.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Poor game today. That could have gone on for days, and no one would have scored. Hardly any shots on target, very few off. Poor game for Tully and Sercs. Midfield were over run. Didn't get much better with 4-4-2. Jakey had a wonderful shot in the first half, but didn't do much otherwise.

Noble and Harley needs some work if they're to plat together.

Some work needed on the training ground.

Last edited: