• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town v Exeter City EFL Trophy. Match Day Thread

Jam Doughnut

Does anyone know if there is still any prize money for winning a game in this trophy?

Grecianpasty

Ajose... why isnt he getting the chance ffs, he looks good
Is he not playing today?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is he not playing today?
Yes, I am watching the game, I obviously mean in any league game where he's not making the bench even.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Does anyone know if there is still any prize money for winning a game in this trophy?
I would hope it’s the same as last season, 10k for the win and 5k if it’s a draw. My understanding was that the premier league puts the prize money in , in exchange for having the b teams involved. The lack of a sponsor hopefully doesn’t matter. 10k at the moment probably more income than we get from ifollow for league games.

Grecian Max

I fear Matt T is going a bit Tisdale esque in only selecting the favoured few.
It's bizarre, he's involved, he's hungry, he's creating chances... don't get it at all especially with Bowman on current form. And Fisher being ahead of him is just...

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seymour misses from 2 feet
*four yards

not an easy chance, had to get there before the lunging defender and did the right thing to direct it high from that angle

Grecianpasty

Yes, I am watching the game, I obviously mean in any league game where he's not making the bench even.
Hopefully if he's playing well he will get his chance. Thankfully though Seymours scored so he will be more likely to get the chance.

Red Devon

Looks like Swindon have a strong bench, second half isn’t going to be easy.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's bizarre, he's involved, he's hungry, he's creating chances... don't get it at all especially with Bowman on current form. And Fisher being ahead of him is just...
I think even in this game his decision making is a bit off sometimes. He's hardly ever shown any kind of form when given a first team place so I don't understand why he should replace a striker that fits our current team shape a lot better than he does. Although I agree he should be ahead of Fisher.

Albumen

I don’t think anyone’s been particularly outstanding for us. A good start. But I wouldn’t say Ajose is deserving of a place after that 45 mins. I’m not sure Matt fancies him in the loan striker role.