• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon matchday thread

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont know from what perspective you were watching, but it didnt look like Jonah was getting beaten all night, until that farcical own goal that he could do nothing about. He undoubtedly kept us in the game, with some outstanding saves. We would have buckled much earlier than we did if it were not for him.

I agree MOTM was between him, Duffy, and Golbourne, although I thought Tully had an excellent game too.

Credit where its due.

Nice one, Pete. [y]

Stuart Storer's Tache

I must be honest I don't quite get the euphoria about a "backs to the wall performance" against a team in our league. If this was the FA Cup Third Round and we were playing against a premiership team then this would have been an outstanding and exciting performance - no doubt. But this was the league?

It just doesn't seem right that we are so excited with a game that we were massively outclassed when we were playing against a team in our own division? Swindon in all honesty more than deserved the draw and as the stats showed we very rarely troubled them. So whilst the draw was excellent for us, and I would definately have taken that before the game, the manner in which we got the point should still be a worry.

Excitement value, Dunkirk spirit, backs to the wall, players putting diving in, high work rates etc made for a great spectacle - but I would rather us have competed more than we actually did.

Hope I am making sense!
As the dust has settled a bit after last night I can see where you are coming from. Although they dominated all bar the first five minutes of the second half the first half was pretty even.

Although I can see why Tis did it, the decision to bring Stewart on didn't work and invited them on to us. Maybe Fleetwood should have come on instead as I think a bit of pace would have troubled their defence.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amazing defensive performance and a quality goal from fabregas!!!
Yes,it wasn't difficult to recall that Dunne had been on Arsenal's books with the way he took the goal...

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm still laughing at the fact the Sky Sports obviously grabbed the wrong Taylor for the Man of The Match award at the end. I'm sure Ryan Taylor was probably a bit confused as well.
Itwas a bit unkind of Skysports to get the bloke who was supposed to be marking Ryan Taylor to present him with the MOTM award!

pitty

He did his job well, defence reduced swindon to long range efforts and long balls into the box which taylor would of headed all day long. Paytner is good in the air and austin was just out the game as he wants it at feet and didnt get it there all game.

I may of seen more of jones' saves in the 2nd half if i didnt have a jasper carrot look a like in front of me standing for most the 2nd half.

Cravat

Although I can see why Tis did it, the decision to bring Stewart on didn't work and invited them on to us. Maybe Fleetwood should have come on instead as I think a bit of pace would have troubled their defence.
To be fair, they were all over us before that, it's just that Stewart coming on didn't stem the flow.

I imagine Tis thought that he'd be able to hold the ball up but, sadly, it didn't work out and Swindon kept on coming.

PINHOE RED

This season is all about survival, it was always going to be. Then, when we achieve that, next season is about stability & progression

RobG

Anyone else seen:
Mon 12 19:45 A Swindon Town FL1 W 1-0 8,753
http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10436,00.html

Exehausted

Perhaps goals scored in time added on don't count after all!

OfficialECFC

Perhaps goals scored in time added on don't count after all!
Trying our best to get this changed, its all done by the Football League, so Swindon's site says the same!

Nice thought though ;)