• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon matchday thread

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did not Marcus replace Corr ?
I think he did, similar circumstances as for Taylor, though. Corr didn't have much left to offer when he was subbed.

pitty

My man of the match was probably goldbourne and m.taylor. taylor was composed in the first half and just never looked worried, and harley in the first half was to calm in his own box, scared the fjsk out of me.

take a draw, just tough that it came so late but it was coming for a good 20 mins.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
...however I am inclined to partially agree with you on this one as I thought he barely touched the ball tonight. What I would say is that we were getting battered before he came on and kept on getting battered afterwards. The substitution didn't have the positive effect intended but to my mind it didn't have a negative one either.

Yes I think this is fair comment.

sirhc

Just got back. Haven't had chance to read through the thread yet so apologies if repeating.

In short, a fantastic and heroic performance from City. Started well which was very important, and some impressive play stems from the confidence the players have now (re)gained. However, we were playing around with it too much at the back in the 1st half, Harley the main culprit, and could easily have been made to pay for it. The goal was taken it briliantly by having the confidence to turn onto his weaker left foot.

A second half onslaught was expected and it proved to be a looooooong half (think Brentford away last season but much worse). Nevertheless, in the first 5 minutes of the second half we could easily have got a second. After that though it was all Swindon and there were numerous scares. We got deeper and deeper, but the defence won almost every header. Ironically, and I could be wrong, their goal came soon after we managed to get the ball into their half and Golbourne went upfield. The goal was cruel on Taylor, and he didn't deserve it after yet another inspired performance. However no single player can be singled out - they were all maginficent.

Also, great support from the city faithful as always!

Just got back. Great performence. Hard to pick Man of the match but if I had to it would be between Golbourne, Duffy and jones. Thought bringing on Stewart was the wrong idea. But overall fantastic result.

pitty

Jones had a steady game, despite the dominance only had to catch the ball for the whole game bar one save from greer.

happygrecian

Yes, great performance from the team. Very positive in the first half and deserved the goal. In the second half largely outplayed and held to seige, but fought valiantly to take the draw.

Very proud of the team, and great atmosphere from the travelling fans.

Hard to pick a motm, everyone played their part. Why can't we play like that more often?!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jones had a steady game, despite the dominance only had to catch the ball for the whole game bar one save from greer.

I dont know from what perspective you were watching, but it didnt look like Jonah was getting beaten all night, until that farcical own goal that he could do nothing about. He undoubtedly kept us in the game, with some outstanding saves. We would have buckled much earlier than we did if it were not for him.

I agree MOTM was between him, Duffy, and Golbourne, although I thought Tully had an excellent game too.

Last edited:

A377 Lad

Two kicks straight out of play, one cross which he came for and completely missed, one shot he was nowhere near and was lucky Taylor was there to get it out, mixed in with some brilliant saves.

The average Jones performance.

Dubai Grecian

That's a bit harsh A377, the boy pulled off some outstanding saves and when he needed too he came for the ball. He's not perfect by a long way but he certainly was much much better than average