• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Surely Krysiak deserves a chance?

Ashecfc

I belive that a goalkeeper is only as good as the defence and perhaps that if the defence stopped the cross rather than have to depend on the goalkeeper to deal with it then perhaps we would have been better off.

Jones is a fantastic shot stopper and I am in no doubt that he his help earned points by some of his saves. In my opinion changing keepers would have little effect as I believe the defence needs sorting.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The reserves are playing at Argyle tomorrow, so another chance to see how Artur is doing.

Beninho

I can't remember seeing a City goalie who wasn't prone to a clanger since I started watching them 30 years ago. All players in the 3rd tier make mistakes, otherwise they'd be playing at a higher level.

Paul Jones does not strike me as the most assertive or vocal keeper, but he's improved immeasurably since the Conference era and more than holds his own.

FAN-TATIC

I belive that a goalkeeper is only as good as the defence and perhaps that if the defence stopped the cross rather than have to depend on the goalkeeper to deal with it then perhaps we would have been better off.

Jones is a fantastic shot stopper and I am in no doubt that he his help earned points by some of his saves. In my opinion changing keepers would have little effect as I believe the defence needs sorting.
This is bollox! Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton were world class whether playing for Stoke City, Leicester City or Nottingham Forest. As Cloughie once said of Shilton and I quote "he is worth at least a goal a game to us (NF)". Additionally, the goalkeeper is the only person that can legally handle, catch, punch a ball in the penalty area.

Last edited:

Ashecfc

This is bollox! Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton were world class whether playing for Stoke City, Leicester City or Nottingham Forest. As Cloughie once said of Shilton and I quote "he is worth at least a goal a game to us (NF)". Additionally, the goalkeeper is the only person that can legally handle, catch, punch a ball in the penalty area.
Well its blatantly not bollox as you put it. The fact is if the defence had stopped the cross the goal would not have been scored. I dont care how good a goal keeper is the defence is not up to scratch then any keeper would concede goals if there were enough oppotunities for the opposition.

The point iam trying to make which you have missed is if we do change the goal keeper i dont think there would be much improvement.

Billy Turley plays for Brackley Town - nuff said!
When Billy Turley dies we should have him stuffed and mounted outside SJP.

I will never forget his antics at Oxford that night. In fact I must dig out the video, I could do with a good laugh.

UTC.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
The fact is if the defence had stopped the cross the goal would not have been scored. I dont care how good a goal keeper is the defence is not up to scratch then any keeper would concede goals if there were enough oppotunities for the opposition.
As far I can see, I dont know what member of our defence you feel could have been involved with stopping that second goal. As I said before, that ball was Jonahs from the moment it was struck. Some are bringing Golbourne into it, but thats not very fair because if Jonah was going for the ball, he should have yelled out to Golbourne "get out of the f*cking way"! In many ways the crude amatuer photograpy from behind the goal shows how hopelessly lost PJ was on that cross. The FL Show doesnt illustrate his positioning nearly as well. The only thing I can imagine was the cross had gone so long that he might have thought it would go all the way out for a goal kick. This is all of course IMHO.

delve in the hole

Sometimes it seems i watch a different game to some people here. Jonahs made some great saves so far this season, his distribution is better, in fact his swift delivery out to the flanks has been an important part of our counter attacking play. yes, I (like everyone who remembers the torquay playoff game) cringe when a back pass is heading towards him but so far he's been pretty solid, not without fault but as others have said lets remember the level he's playing at. Doesn't seem to me like its time to make a change. Maybe I just watch the game in a freakishly positive light, certainly do compared to most people around me at SJP, where I should also add city are playing better than they have for an age. We're not doomed yet Pete!

Ashecfc

As far I can see, I dont know what member of our defence you feel could have been involved with stopping that second goal. As I said before, that ball was Jonahs from the moment it was struck. Some are bringing Golbourne into it, but thats not very fair because if Jonah was going for the ball, he should have yelled out to Golbourne "get out of the f*cking way"! In many ways the crude amatuer photograpy from behind the goal shows how hopelessly lost PJ was on that cross. The FL Show doesnt illustrate his positioning nearly as well. The only thing I can imagine was the cross had gone so long that he might have thought it would go all the way out for a goal kick. This is all of course IMHO.
Looking at the highlights Tully was about a yard away from the guy who made the cross thus if the defence did there job better i.e. stopping the cross then that would have prevented the goal.

I will add that i do agree jones should have done better but all humans make mistakes (even PL GKs have mares)and i still believe that changing the goalkeeper is not the answer.

All of the above (excluding Pete's quote) is only my opinion and beliefs.

jase 07

Krysiak is way short of challlenging for pole position.
Is this a little humour to take the heat out of the debate ?