• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Superbowl XLIV - Todays the Day!!!

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry, it is one big league now. But what is the AFC, was once the AFL. What is the NFC was once the NFL. Now it's just the NFL.

So they were once rivals, loosely on a par. Now they're together, and sort of rivals.

Confused? I now I am. Can't someone that knows about US football help me out? Please?
Wasn't there a roughly East - West split for logistical reasons? This stems from hazy memories of the Channel Four coverage many years ago, in the days of Dan Marino and The Refrigerator.

angelic upstart

Wasn't there a roughly East - West split for logistical reasons? This stems from hazy memories of the Channel Four coverage many years ago, in the days of Dan Marino and The Refrigerator.
There is, but it's AFC and NFC regardless. for example the Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys and Giants are NFC East.

AFC East is Patriots, Dolphins, Jets and Bills.

I think.

Antony Moxey

Suffered Monday by staying up till 3.00 to see it all then getting up at 6.45 to go to St Ives for the day working, but ho hum, it was worth it.

Good game, fitting final, two good teams and excitement right through to the end. Rather pleased with myself that when the two divisional games were finalised I said on the 'road to Superbowl' thread that the Saints would beat the Colts in the final - possibly the first time I've ever got a prediction right - when the smart money was going for a Colts win, but that's by the by.

It's been a good season this season, ending with a fine team on top. Go Dolphins next season!

Jim Shepherd

Suffered Monday by staying up till 3.00 to see it all then getting up at 6.45 to go to St Ives for the day working, but ho hum, it was worth it.

Good game, fitting final, two good teams and excitement right through to the end. Rather pleased with myself that when the two divisional games were finalised I said on the 'road to Superbowl' thread that the Saints would beat the Colts in the final - possibly the first time I've ever got a prediction right - when the smart money was going for a Colts win, but that's by the by.

It's been a good season this season, ending with a fine team on top. Go Dolphins next season!
Cracking game.
Went down to Indigo at the O2 to watch it. Had the foresight to take monday off work.
Cracking atmosphere, great pre-game entertainment with Trevor Nelson, Flawless, Mr Hudson and the 49ers cheerleaders.

PeteUSA

Didnt think The Who were bad for aging rockers Jim. They do miss John Entwhistle and Keith Moon though. (Somebody told me thats Keith Moons son on the drums. That correct?)

Antony Moxey

Probably getting my aging rockers and their offspring mixed up, but isn't it Zack Starkey, Ringo Starr's son?

Stuart Storer's Tache

Probably getting my aging rockers and their offspring mixed up, but isn't it Zack Starkey, Ringo Starr's son?
He is and was at one time the drummer for The Who AND Oasis. Nice work if you can get it.

Went to the NFL game at Wembley last year and enjoyed it more than I though I would. The cheerleaders were incredible