• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Super Liam is off to Oxford

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
So did his move to Barnet fall through?
High Barnet?

CITY CASUAL

Good luck to him! Been a great player for us! But he will always be one of our own! ;)

grecian109

Correct, Oxford it is but I'm sure I had confirmed this on another thread weeks ago! lol

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
I very much doubt that he is.
Off to Oxford or able to play at a higher level?

LL

Avening Posse

As much as it pains me to say it, Oxford are a bigger club than us. They have consistently played at a higher level than us, are better supported than us, and as Liam is still young, they probably look like a step up for him in the medium term.

I still think we will be higher than them next season though

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct, Oxford it is but I'm sure I had confirmed this on another thread weeks ago! lol
Well you hardly confirmed it.

Everyone's been saying it for the past month.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It may be a sideways move but if he can earn a decent amount more then fair play to him. A footballers career is short and he's about halfway through his career. Let's face it, he wasn't going to set himself up at ecfc and now he has a family of his own it's time to start looking to the future. A smart move, even if it is sideways!

Devon_Lad

Sounds like he's left because he feels he's turning a bit stale here, and I make him right. Obviously, he can't say that in the paper, he's got to churn out the old "new challenges" ****e doesn't he.

Who knows, Oxford may get more out of him than we could manage to do, then a move to a decent southern Championship/League 1 club will seem a great proposition for him. Alternatively, his injuries problems could come back, he could get placed out of position and he could well be longing for the Devon air again. Who knows, good luck to him though.

grecian109

Well you hardly confirmed it.

Everyone's been saying it for the past month.
Exactly my point :) lol

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Couple lads I work are friendly with Liam and he's told them he's Oxford bound