• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sunderland Away

ecfc4life

A premiership side that are really struggling, a chance for them to maybe play some youngsters to try and impress the gaffer, you've got to fancy the Grecians to get a result up there surely!??

They have an away end capacity of 3,000 , I wonder how many we will take up there? It is a very long way on a Tuesday night but it is against a Premier League team. We should take 1000+

Grahamph1708

Is it definitely going to be on the Tuesday night? Because I have the Tuesday and Wednesday work!!

ecfc4life

They have an away end capacity of 3,000 , I wonder how many we will take up there? It is a very long way on a Tuesday night but it is against a Premier League team. We should take 1000+
Can't quite see us taking that many, 500-600... You never know, Flybe might come up with a deal for fans to fly up for a good price, might interest a few more people!!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would Flybe put on a special flight if enough were interested ? Does the Dash 8 sit about 78 ?

ecfc4life

You've got to look at it... Sunderland at the moment are a championship side, with our current side we're a League 1 side, there's no reason why we can't go there and get the tie back to St James Park or even win it!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You've got to look at it... Sunderland at the moment are a championship side, with our current side we're a League 1 side, there's no reason why we can't go there and get the tie back to St James Park or even win it!
No replays in the Capital One Cup/League Cup.

ecfc4life

No replays in the Capital One Cup/League Cup.
Oppppsss my bad, I meant nothing for us to take them to pens and beat them :p

GRECIAN_LDN

It's a terrible midweek tie. An 800 mile round trip, it won't be a big crowd because Sunderland fans will have little or no interest in watching their reserves play a league 2 side. All in all a very disappointing fixture. Word of warning, Newcastle are at home as well so one tie will more than likely get moved to another night, make sure you check before you book anything.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a terrible midweek tie. An 800 mile round trip, it won't be a big crowd because Sunderland fans will have little or no interest in watching their reserves play a league 2 side. All in all a very disappointing fixture. Word of warning, Newcastle are at home as well so one tie will more than likely get moved to another night, make sure you check before you book anything.
Apparently Sunderland have pulled in between 15-20k for home league cup games, so it wouldn't be insignificant money wise.

Also you are aware that Newcastle and Sunderland are different cities? Why would the fixture be moved?