• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't think either Stansfield or Vassall would fit the bill of the type of player we need. We need a strong hold up player, preferably decent in the air, mobile and able to score goals.

Banksy

Don't think either Stansfield or Vassall would fit the bill of the type of player we need. We need a strong hold up player, preferably decent in the air, mobile and able to score goals.
Don’t want much bang for our bucks then ! For the sort of money we’ve got to offer he’s going to be hard to find. I suppose the two you mention above would provide some sort of plan B though.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we have to be realistic if he had of played regularly and scoring he wouldn't even be a viable option

As others have said as long as we don't pay a premium this could be a good option and will hopefully prove a good return on investment if he signs
A 3 month pay as you play deal is about the most we should be offering him. If that worked out, then we could extend his deal till the end of the season.

Imagine though if Taylor can’t bring in an extra forward and Nombe gets an injury…we’d then have to rely on Vassell keeping fit to start most of the games in a really tough league like L1. Not very likely at all.

On the flip side if Nombe stays mostly fit, Vassell has the quality to be a useful asset off the bench and if we get a young loan forward too, with the 5 subs rule, we could be sitting pretty.

IndoMike

We all know that we need another striker who is ready to go. We don't need to be sweating on whether a reserve striker is ever going to be fit. It would be a shame if we left our destiny in the hands of a bloke who has only played 2 games max during the last 3 years. We don't want to fix a mechanical problem with sellotape.
I'm sorry, but the Board needs to find the money for this and recruitment needs to find the player. If you drive across Dartmoor at midnight without a spare tyre you might end up farked.

Trapdoor

Ajose did have a bad injury record before we signed him.
Not really. He was not getting game time at other teams because he was **** poor. The "injuries" were just an excuse for not being up to standard. One good season at Swindon were he scored a lot of penalties and tap-ins and he dined out on that for the rest of his career.

Cowshed Grecian

Sorry why do we need a player like that specifically? So we can "launch" it at them?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the complete centre forward? With league 2 wages to offer and presumably no other clubs in for him? Righto! Here's hoping...

Cowshed Grecian

Id be happy with another Jamie Cureton, shames theres not many goalscorer's in their late 30's about wanting to knock in a few in L1...OH Hang on...Jermaine Defoe?

IndoMike

I think we have to be realistic if he had of played regularly and scoring he wouldn't even be a viable option

As others have said as long as we don't pay a premium this could be a good option and will hopefully prove a good return on investment if he signs
That's strange logic, I say respectfully So in fact no team has signed him because he hasn"t played regularly (to say the least) and thus hasn't been scoring regularly. So it's a good idea to sign him.
This is a serious problem, you know. A longish term injury recurrence for Nombe could cost us our place in Div 1. We have a good team set-up now, but we need good cover for Nombe. If the club want to give Vassal a 2nd chance and do a long-term project to recuperate him, that's fine. But
we can't afford to wait too long.
I mean no offence to Vassal : it's always really bad luck when this situation arises . But number 1 for us is City, right?

Antony Moxey

We all know that we need another striker who is ready to go. We don't need to be sweating on whether a reserve striker is ever going to be fit. It would be a shame if we left our destiny in the hands of a bloke who has only played 2 games max during the last 3 years. We don't want to fix a mechanical problem with sellotape.
I'm sorry, but the Board needs to find the money for this and recruitment needs to find the player. If you drive across Dartmoor at midnight without a spare tyre you might end up farked.
The board ‘needs’ to do no such thing. The manager has been given a budget to work with, so unless some form of windfall lands in our laps I’d imagine what he’s got is all there is.

I don’t think any of my cars have had spare wheels for at least ten years now. I’m still alive you’ll be pleased to know.