• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder why it is only a one year deal?
MT quoted as saying "We’re under no illusion where Jamal wants to be in 12 months time.” Looks like we're a stop-gap. Not unhappy with that though as we have Lee waiting in the wings.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I knew that they would have meet in a Croydon Youth Club circa 2008!
I wonder if anyone else who was there then has become a decent left back, reliable holding midfielder and 20 goal a season striker?
Steady on Bridgy are you expecting Matt to pull Zaha out of the hat next ? :p

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT quoted as saying "We’re under no illusion where Jamal wants to be in 12 months time.”
Playing for us in the Championship

Cowshed Grecian

MT quoted as saying "We’re under no illusion where Jamal wants to be in 12 months time.” Looks like we're a stop-gap. Not unhappy with that though as we have Lee waiting in the wings.
It is what it is, i'm happy with that...if he has a Cam like season with us and moves on fair play.

ExmouthMart

Might have been the reason we didn’t go for Andresson because Lee will definitely be first choice next season with the pathway, so a years contract suits everyone.

Grecian2K

I have been told by someone who is usually pretty reliable that a striker is going to be announced today.
Yes. He's on a two-day loan deal from South West Trains.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜 I know nothing , nothing at all 👀👀👀👀
Fair play Agent Andy!

robchave

I wonder why it is only a one year deal?
It looks like Jamal's career has slightly stalled over the past few years and, in total, he's only played 149 senior games. That's not a lot for a 28 year old. We've got youngsters (Collins?) who've played more games than that. I expect he sees himself as a Championship player, at least, and hopes that a solid year as first choice playing week-in, week-out will put him in the shop window.
I expect it also suits us. Pathways and all that.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have no problem with getting a new keeper every season if they're of the quality of Dawson or Blackman. Clearly he's hoping for a good season and to move on up the leagues again. Who knows, perhaps he'll grow fond of ecfc and decide to stay another year, if we want him of course!

iscalad

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜 I know nothing , nothing at all 👀👀👀👀
What's new????
😉