• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feel like I've completely lost track of who we have for next season and where we are light but it seems clear we need someone to back up Nombe, an experienced and reliable central midfielder and a centre half.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I feel like I've completely lost track of who we have for next season and where we are light but it seems clear we need someone to back up Nombe, an experienced and reliable central midfielder and a centre half.
Does this help?

Red Monster

13 players have left since the season finished.
So can’t see why another 6 signings is to many!!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which if they’re very experienced older heads could be the spine of the team. GC is no doubt on the case.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does this help?

Thanks Hants, it does!

From this, I'd like to see us sign a Centre Half with good League 1 experience, left footed would be good.

A right wing back to replace Caprice and to push Rankine.

A Central Midfielder with good League 1 experience - someone who is highly likely to be able to play every game and give you 7/10.

A Centre Forward to replace Nombe should he need a rest or get injured.

= 4 new faces.

Boyo

13 players have left since the season finished.
So can’t see why another 6 signings is to many!!
Cox and Borges are in contention now, along with a few other Academy products.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many loans can you have in a squad, is it five or is that the matchday squad?

Memphis09

GC said on the site re Torquay game he was still looking to bring players in
I would think at least four more

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks Hants, it does!

From this, I'd like to see us sign a Centre Half with good League 1 experience, left footed would be good.

A right wing back to replace Caprice and to push Rankine.

A Central Midfielder with good League 1 experience - someone who is highly likely to be able to play every game and give you 7/10.

A Centre Forward to replace Nombe should he need a rest or get injured.

= 4 new faces.
Haven't we got enough central midfielders? Cole, Trevitt, Carroll, Kite, Borges.... Sign any more and at least two of these won't make the bench even. Not sure what that would do for morale...

Agree with the rest of your shopping list

Majago

How many loans can you have in a squad, is it five or is that the matchday squad?
5 in the entire matchday squad but all could be on the pitch at the same time.

You could take more players on loan, don't believe there's a maximum limit to loan registrations - the main consideration will be that as only 5 can play at once, there's more potential for unhappy players/parent clubs so would very much need to be development loans if more than 5 signed on (similar to Kegs I suppose).