• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer transfer targets

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Falmouth Pete I think was the home of our greatest. Newquay was Kev Miller I believe?

Tony
Ah yes, of course Tony! Cheers! I was having a senior moment!

Antony Moxey

However, when it came to playing to his strengths, we came up woefully short....
What strengths would those be? I'm struggling to think of anything he was ever any good at.

geoffwp

I always quite liked little Sam Deering .
How little missy? In descending order there is short ar$e, teeny weeny, and scary little. Any of those or is 'Little' his forename?

malcolms

What strengths would those be? I'm struggling to think of anything he was ever any good at.
Well, he's only likely to be "efficient" in a relatively static role with runners playing off him and yet most of the time when I saw him, they were playing balls in behind or down the channels and this is certainly not his strength...You could well argue that even his strengths are weaknesses, but we didn't help the situation with the way he was asked to play (only my opinion of course)....

wemissmoxey

If you are going to play someone like Sam Parkin you need to be getting balls into the box on a regular basis, as Malco says we did not play to any of the attributes he may have, he's a unit and he is not a bad player technically however he is way beyond his best, he was yet another poorly chosen player simply because he did not fit Tisdale's way of playing the game.

Can you imagine Tisdale managing Steve Flack ?? :x He would probably play him in the hole.

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
My sauces tell me that Tis is looking at signing former Aldershot right-back Ben Herd along with central midfielder Gary Dicker, who has just been released by Crawley.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, if true, at least they're both under 30.

bflockha

What annoys me is that there is no gamble to sign these players. Anyone could see that Parkin would be crap for us and would do well to play half the season let alone score any goals. This lad from Plymouth might turn out to be ****e but he'd want it more and will cost significantly less. I reckon you could get 2 or 3 'promising' prospects for the cost of a Parkin or O'Flynn.
Possibly find this lad has a decent job and is picking up a fair few quid at Plymouth Parkway and it may be too much of a gamble for him to risk turning pro for a team who are possibly going to struggle again next year; but then again if he really wants it this maybe his only chance (would Argyle have looked at him anyway?)

wemissmoxey

My sauces tell me that Tis is looking at signing former Aldershot right-back Ben Herd
Given that we believe Butterbean already has a contract covering next season (I hope against hope that this is not correct) plus we have Dawson why on earth would we sign a right back, on the flip side I suppose given the way our budget is often managed this could well happen.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doubt it will happen. He was released by Aldershot at the end of the 12/13 season and hasn't found a club since.