• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stockport vs Tranmere - Prediction Thread

mrtrfc

I think we'll win but it will be far from comfortable... lets be honest were in this position cause were sh*t... The season we have had I fear whatever we do will be matched in Devon. 2-0 Rovers, 2-1 City.
By the way Stockport have beaten us once this season...., fecking nervous this innit lads.

Come on Wycombe!!

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Trying to find the bookie which had the odds but we are slight favourites for relegation ahead of Tranmere now. They are 11/10 where as we are 10/11.
Stand to be corrected but I simply can't have that. Any bookmaker having us as favourites to go down ahead of Tranmere is destined for the poor house - and that ain't a place where you find too many bookies!

That's not to say it won't happen but there has to be more chance of Tranmere, who can win and still get relegated, going down than City who, conversely, can lose and still stay up.

For the record, the odds on Betfair - which, IMO, often provide most accurate reflection of the chances of something happening - are 1.76 or, if you prefer, approximately 4-5 that Tranmere will be relegated as opposed to 2.2 or 5-4 that City will be.

IMO, that's about right. Find me a bookie that's offering 11-10 against Tranmere being relegated and I'll have a couple grand on, lay it off on Betfair, and guarantee myself a tidy profit.

Tranmere will have 3200 fans at Edgeley Park.

Having been on the Stockport forums although they would love to take the Trannies down with them - however they are largely unconvinced this will happen.

City simply have to beat Hudders [party]

greenawayr

I'm hoping for an upset a la West Ham United vs Manchester United when Blackburn won the league!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tranmere will have 3200 fans at Edgeley Park.

Having been on the Stockport forums although they would love to take the Trannies down with them - however they are largely unconvinced this will happen.
Stranger things have happened....

A very similar case in point was when City played away to an already relegated and an utter sh*te Darlington team on the final day of the 91/92 season. We needed a win to be sure of staying up.

We lost 5-2, so you never know Stockport could have something similar up their sleeve. :cool:

However, luckily Bury iirc aslo lost which meant we stayed up.

Last edited:

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Stockport 0 v 1 Tranmere
..................... Bakayogo 90+4 mins

mole221

Stockport 1-0 Tranmere
Jabo Iberhe 88
Tranmere missed penalty in the 94th

Grant C

Stranger things have happened....

A very similar case in point was when City played away to an already relegated and an utter sh*te Darlington team on the final day of the 91/92 season. We needed a win to be sure of staying up.

We lost 5-2, so you never know Stockport could have something similar up their sleeve. :cool:

However, luckily Bury iirc aslo lost which meant we stayed up.
I remember that match. The days of Alan Ball and Gary Chapman. Coaches left Exeter around 5:30am. We were abysmal but managed to stay up by skin of our teeth.

Stockport 0 v 1 Tranmere
..................... Bakayogo 90+4 mins
That made me feel all weak at the knees ! Perfection !

Citysupporter2099

Trevor Kettle is the ref!!