• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Steve Tully

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Thats incredible, who you arrived at that conclusion from the radio commentary. Even I need to see the video highlights. ^o)
Didn't see my reason for edit then? ^o)

Going by commentators, it was harsh on Tully, could even have been Duffy, as they were so close together, hard to tell, so how could Tully be the last man then if Duffy was that close to him? :S:p

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The sending off was harsh. But I don't wrong.

A view from 10 yards.

wemisscuro

Loving watching Tisdale prove em wrong, yet again!
Having just watched the dubious penalty decision on the iplayer, I have come to the conclusion that it was clearly a dive and the decision SHOULD be over turned.

Will the FA jokers over rule the ref? Probably not.

How can that soft decision stop a true proffessional footballer from playing in the biggest game of his career. That ref should be struck off for that. It is a rediculous decision and Neil Mellor should do the honourable thing and own up to diving, knowing what is at stake for Tully. Mellor will get some abuse when we play them at home. :mad:

STURTZ

Biggest game of his career?

Been involved in much more important games than this one I suggest.

Can't Steveo play under appeal?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thats incredible, who you arrived at that conclusion from the radio commentary.

I imagine that particular buck doesn't just stop with him.

Red the Paper

Banned
Tully was a complete d*ck to tug at the player in the box. Have these footballers no brains?! Ref was correct to award the penalty and send off Tully IMO. another wasted away day

stuay

Tully and Duffy looked pretty level to me. The way Mellor dramatically flung himself forward almost made Tully become the last man. I hate the way Mellor is congratulaed for "winning" the penalty.

Alistair20000

Mellor will get some abuse when we play them at home. :mad:
I have marked the feckers card.

FAN-TATIC

It wasn't the penalty that caused us the game, Krysiak saved it!

The sending off of Tully made it more difficult for us. However there were two things that caused us the game:

(1) Failing to competently defend a free kick from outside of our penalty area.

(2) Failing to score in the second half when we were clearly the better team!

Why go for Mellor? he did what nearly all professionals do in tight situations in the box, cheated. I noticed that Nardiello "dived' twice in or around the box in the second half, if he had been successful in getting the penalty/free kick and we scored as a result of it, would we have complained, I think not!

Last edited: