• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Steve Perryman retiring

AndrewP

Nice, genuine chap. I wish him a long and healthy retirement and thank him for his huge contribution.

Not sure Sir Tis has too many useful contacts in the game, SP was instrumental in that side of things. Time will tell I guess.

Matt Russell

As far as I can tell, we're all taking the Times piece as gospel and while I appreciate it's not the E&E, there's been no confirmation anywhere has there? If true, suspect he'll be a big loss in many, many ways - you don't easily replace that sort of knowledge.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone who has taken the time to have a yap with Steve will know what a thoroughly decent guy he is and as been said a wealth of knowledge that will be greatly missed when he leaves us.

Always has time to spare when approached either at the CnF , SJP or even just walking round town.

Good luck Steve in whatever you do as and when you leave us.
This pretty much echoes what i think. Also it's through steve perryman that my dad got to meet one of his footballing heroes jimmy greaves. So i'll be forever grateful to him for that.

hienzeECFC

im not convinced this is actually true...nothing else online that I can see and I suspect that Seabourne wouldn't have been signed and chatted about working with Tis and Perryman if he's been told the latter was leaving the following week, and i imagine if it was a notable factor in him re-signing it would have been mentioned to him that SP was leaving.

Either way it would be a real loss for the club to lose SP in my opinion.

Last edited:

Red Bill

im not convinced this is actually true...nothing else online that I can see and I suspect that Seabourne wouldn't have been signed and chatted about working with Tis and Perryman if he's been told the latter was leaving the following week, and i imagine if it was a notable factor in him re-signing it would have been mentioned to him that SP was leaving.

Either way it would be a real loss for the club to lose SP in my opinion.
I generally tend to go with the 'never believe anything until it's been officially denied' school of thought, but although there's been nothing from the club either way yet, given his age and past health issues I think we should be expecting to hear of his retirement in the not too distant future, even if the Times article does turn out not to be true.

Regarding Seabourne's comments, he''s still got six months to work with him.

Last edited:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to someone on facebook (cast iron proof) he went into hospitality after a recent match and told the people there that he was going to retire at the end of the season.

Larry Wilkie

According to someone on facebook (cast iron proof) he went into hospitality after a recent match and told the people there that he was going to retire at the end of the season.
I heard this from a club steward earlier in the season and also was with a friend in the FGR hospitality. SP was on the table next to where I was stood and told the people he was sat with that this would be his last season in football, having been in the game for 50 years.

IndoMike

I heard this from a club steward earlier in the season and also was with a friend in the FGR hospitality. SP was on the table next to where I was stood and told the people he was sat with that this would be his last season in football, having been in the game for 50 years.
Considering his long career and his health issues he deserves to retire. Having said that, he might find that retirement doesn't suit.

PeteUSA

Wow theres nailed on cast iron proof, if ever I saw it!

LOG: Why have you got a photo of steady eddie Chorlton as your avatar? Or is it the US's own D**k Cheney?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
So with Perryman retiring, Tagg dropping big hints that he's ready to move on next season, and Tisdale's contract end fast approaching with no new deal sorted then we could be losing all three amigos in one swoop.

One thing you can guarantee is that if those 3 leave there will be a big culture change at the club.

Last edited: