• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stealing players from the SW

caskey

Brighton have been nicking the best players the SW has to offer.

Bristol Rovers - Will Hoskins

Plymouth - Craig Noone and Ashley Barnes

Exeter - Ryan Harley

I know Harley was a Swansea player but he never kicked a ball for them so that doesn't really count.

ecfc01

Exeter - Ryan Harley

I know Harley was a Swansea player but he never kicked a ball for them so that doesn't really count.
are you saying you brought Ryan Harley from us????????????????????????

caskey

Read my post again more carefully.

Thames Valley Red

But you cant steal the satisfaction of supporting a fans owned club, living within its means! We own our football club and stadium might not be named after a bank and we don't have a rich benefactor, but we do have a club owned by its fans for the fans!

UTC

TVR

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
But you cant steal the satisfaction of supporting a fans owned club, living within its means! We own our football club and stadium might not be named after a bank and we don't have a rich benefactor, but we do have a club owned by its fans for the fans!

UTC

TVR
Too true TVR. It may be humble, but at least we're not up sh*t creek like Ridsdale Rovers.

caskey

UTC

TVR
I'm not really into scoring points but on this occasion..........

Rich benefactor - Tony Bloom life long Brighton fan and so too were his other family members who were directors in the past.

The Amex - Owned by Brighton and not council ie we don't pay rent.

American Express Sponsor - Main headquarters in UK are based in Brighton. Local company abet an Overseas one.

Clubs owned by fans generally struggle financially on and off the pitch as you are seeing right now.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... Clubs owned by fans generally struggle financially on and off the pitch as you are seeing right now.
Indeed. But rich benefactors come and go. Trusts are there for the long run. Enjoy yours while it lasts. Oh, and be careful not to do a Plymouth ...

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster

Exeter - Ryan Harley
If you haven't paid for any of these players then you will have to give them back.

Ask any looter, there is a difference between stealing/ nicking and shopping.

Borat

Clubs owned by fans generally struggle financially on and off the pitch as you are seeing right now.
And how are we struggling off the pitch may I ask? ;)

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rich benefactor
Yeah, I've heard they are re-naming you Bloom's Batty Boys.