• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stay or Go ?

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think your right Jonny unfortunately (y).

Leads

Stay :)

Because of the whole nature of the set up I don't think a new manager would really be able to do anything short term. Would not be averse to a change at the end of the season though.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
GO.

Rob to take over until the end of season

bazza1953

It only ever happens at Exeter, why say stay, we are doomed! DO YOU REALLY LIKE WHAT YOU SEE ON THE PITCH! It must be a Go Now!

Mackster

GO.

Rob to take over until the end of season
Heart would say this, but money talks and he will stick it out even if he loses every game between now and end of the season.

I wonder if any contingency has been written into his contract regarding relegation to the Conference? My guess is the club would shudder at the idea of relegation out of the league and thought if they ignored it, then it will never happen.

Red & White

STAY. Lets just say he did leave right now. Would it make any difference? I think not. I want him to put things right, to sort the mess out. He has done it before and I am prepared to give him the chance to do it again.
He turned it around in our first season in league 1.

When the team got relegated, for me we had a squad capable of staying up and I gave Tis time to turn it around last season. We didn't finish in the play offs which looked nailed on for most of the season and this year we appear to be going backwards. How much longer can reasonably be given to 'put things right'?

It could be we are in the same position next season and having the exact same debates. I am not one for knee jerk reactions but when you look at the positional finishes since that 8th place in league one we have only been going backwards. This is now having a knock on effect on finances through reduced gate numbers.

For me Tis should get us to a position of assured safety and then move aside.

Mackster

He turned it around in our first season in league 1.
It's a different animal now.

When I think of the defence back then, we had Matty, Duffy, Golbourne and we brought back George on loan who made a significant difference to us staying up. Compare the quality to Coles & Co. and read it and weep.

That 8th place in League One is the worst thing that could have happened to us. Delusions of grandeur and talk of becoming a Championship club led to ridiculous off the field wages/expenses (Tisdale included) and now we can only dream of putting out a defence like that. Players have moved onto better things, but we're still left with a bloated infestation of suits and an overpaid, under-performing manager.

Last edited:

Red & White

When I think of the defence back then, we had Matty, Duffy, Golbourne and we brought back George on loan who made a significant difference to us staying up. Compare the quality to Coles & Co. and read it and weep.

That 8th place in League One is the worst thing that could have happened to us. Delusions of grandeur and talk of becoming a Championship club led to ridiculous off the field wages/expenses (Tisdale included) and now we can only dream of putting out a defence like that. Players have moved onto better things, but we're still left with a bloated infestation of suits and an overpaid, under-performing manager.
Yes, that is my point. He did it once and has since then has had numerous chances to turn things around and failed every time, we are clearly going backwards and I can't see the turning point coming any time soon.

tonythegrecian

RIP Paul ' stella ' Reid a true City Supporter.
Tisdale to Go.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster

I appreciate that your focus is on the defence Mack but we also had one Ryan Harley who made some big contributions.

You are of course spot on in your final paragraph.