• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stay away from Notts County game!

007 is right, nothing will happen and no changes willl be made.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
A lot of people are unhappy, the challenge is in getting agreement regarding what is the best and most effective course of action. The good news is there is at least some choice in the upcoming BOS elections, hopefully those most likely to push for changes will be voted on. I will definitely be voting for two on the list who appear to have the right sort of ideas.

The other avenue is that motions can be submitted. Must admit I haven't read up on it yet to know when or how this could be done. I think this is an area where discussion is needed to establish what motion or motions are likely to be supported.

Possible suggestions?
Vote if no confidence in the manager
Vote if no confidence in the club board
Calling for notice to be given on the rolling contract

Any others?

And for those who say nothing will change, are they happy with that if our home form continues to be ****e?

Last edited:

Avening Posse

A lot of people are unhappy, the challenge is in getting agreement regarding what is the best and most effective course of action. The good news is there is at least some choice in the upcoming BOS elections, hopefully those most likely to push for changes will be voted on. I will definitely be voting for two on the list who appear to have the right sort of ideas.

The other avenue is that motions can be submitted. Must admit I haven't read up on it yet to know when or how this could be done. I think this is an area where discussion is needed to establish what motion or motions are likely to be supported.

Possible suggestions?
Vote if no confidence in the manager
Vote if no confidence in the club board
Calling for notice to be given on the rolling contract

Any others?

And for those who say nothing will change, are they happy with that if our home form continues to be ****e?
My observation on this is Pete stated the obvious open door earlier, but from what I read on here, there appears to be no consistent and clear goal, some want Tis out, some want Tis and Tagg out, some want Tis and Tagg and Perryman out, some just want Tagg out, some just want more accountability and governance and targets.......the list goes on. Whilst I don't share the majority view, I suspect the majority just want a change in terms of the manager, on lack of home entertainment and home results alone. If you started to gain support for a motion on those simple grounds alone I suspect you would get a fair amount of backing ?. Not for me personally, I think the issues lie elsewhere, but I accept I am in the minority on this.

My observation on this is Pete stated the obvious open door earlier, but from what I read on here, there appears to be no consistent and clear goal, some want Tis out, some want Tis and Tagg out, some want Tis and Tagg and Perryman out, some just want Tagg out, some just want more accountability and governance and targets.......the list goes on. Whilst I don't share the majority view, I suspect the majority just want a change in terms of the manager, on lack of home entertainment and home results alone. If you started to gain support for a motion on those simple grounds alone I suspect you would get a fair amount of backing ?. Not for me personally, I think the issues lie elsewhere, but I accept I am in the minority on this.
So where do the issues lie?.

There are a lot of slightly different words that express similar views. Th fact is at the core of this is the corrosive relationship of the triumvirate - which makes it expensive and unaccountable and self evidently ineffective. Perm anyone of three for removal and it will probably tumble.

Sack Perryman - Tisdale will go.

Sack Tagg - Tisdale willl go ( with a slight delay)

Sack Tisdale - Tagg and Perryman will go

So perm anyone from 3!

Question is not who but where to start!!?

PeteUSA

All good stuff Rich, but that approach in order to offload Tisdale is so long winded that he'll be back in favour before the objective is arrived at. And if there's any truth that Tagg wont accept any discussion about footballing matters at board meetings, it'll be a waste of time anyway.

As I've said before, a proper boycott of at least one game is the only way to get immediate results. The only problem with that is you'll probably not get much publicity in the Tagg influenced E&E. Nevertheless The only way to go is as the thread title says is Boycott the Notts County match.
Its the only way as I can see. Screaming obscenities at Tagg and Tisdale wont cut it. They are far too brazen for that. Also, turning your back to the action at a given pre-arranged time really is an absolute joke. Tisdale Out banners isnt a bad idea, but I'm not sure it'll have that much of an effect, particularly if Tagg blocks the admission of them to the game.

Boycott or nothing.

PeteUSA

There are a lot of slightly different words that express similar views. Th fact is at the core of this is the corrosive relationship of the triumvirate - which makes it expensive and unaccountable and self evidently ineffective. Perm anyone of three for removal and it will probably tumble.

Sack Perryman - Tisdale will go.

Sack Tagg - Tisdale willl go ( with a slight delay)

Sack Tisdale - Tagg and Perryman will go

So perm anyone from 3!

Question is not who but where to start!!?
Praying for a miracle might be a good start.

D__Lo__

The reason I excuse the players is that over the past five seasons we have had five different squads and numerous players over that time. There has however been one common denominator over the whole period.
The players must produce but the tactics simply don't work - 29% win ratio over 5 seasons proves that very point.
I believe that the management style is stifling the players' natural instincts and ability.

The much-maligned and oft-referenced Oxford game was a particular example, every time a City player received the ball there was a two-second pause while they looked around, seeming to consider their options carefully before passing the ball sideways, or back to where it came from. We've got some decent players, we really have, but Tisdale seems to have them shackled, nervous and over-thinking everything.
You are all of course 100% correct. I too blame Tisdale primarily and significantly (along with whoever is or more to the point isn't managing him, don't know or care enough to get drawn into the boardroom stuff tbh) The different, failing squads is a compelling argument and I would point to the beyond farcical use of players out of position also. All that being said the players are adults and whilst minimal in comparison they too should take some responsibility. Even if you disagree completely with your manager I don't feel there's any excuse for not giving 100% especially in such a privileged profession.

Well-known Exeweb poster
007 is right, nothing will happen and no changes willl be made.

yep YET another page of NOTHING,,,

PeteUSA

yep YET another page of NOTHING,,,
....as JT turns off his computer with a wry smile on his face.