• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stay away from Notts County game!

Saint James

I don't believe the players should be let totally off the hook. It's rare I've left a game and believed they've given 100% in recent seasons but I do largely sympathise with your sentiments.

It's a shame the club ignores these kind of comments.
The reason I excuse the players is that over the past five seasons we have had five different squads and numerous players over that time. There has however been one common denominator over the whole period.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The players must produce but the tactics simply don't work - 29% win ratio over 5 seasons proves that very point.

When I was a kid I remember the fans storming onto the pitch protesting in the direction of the old directors box. Not sure why but it was after a 1-3 defeat in the league cup to Derby county. I guess it would of been mid 90's ?
Harking back to the bad old days I remember being part of an evening after-match pitch invasion but I cant think for the life of me which match and when, all I remember is that the club had recently appointed, for the first time ever, a CeO at an extortionate salary whilst the club was effectively broke and stuck at the wrong end of the table.

........." We don't need no Chief Executive ! " was the continuous chant and the guy bravely re-appeared in the old directors box to face the music and I believe resigned very shortly afterwards , whether this is the same occasion as yours somersetgrecian I can't be sure .

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I was a kid I remember the fans storming onto the pitch protesting in the direction of the old directors box. Not sure why but it was after a 1-3 defeat in the league cup to Derby county. I guess it would of been mid 90's ?
yeah todays 'generation' just stay at home keyboard warriors, never had to stand up and be counted, person and whine and thats all they do, if they want something done,, get it done,, dont f around,, a trickle of fans staying away is easy for the board to ignore, a mass if there is the following which tbh i doubt, protest in the stadium they cant,, anyway dont know why the f i 'm on here i'm not of the opinion that tis should go , guess i;m just ****ed off with ex web being full of constant whiners,

TonyD

An alternative to not attending the Notts county game is to attend but get on the pitch with a 'Tisdale out' banner. 50 or so people walking towards the grandstand while the match is going on will grab some headlines as well as the attention of the directors.

Appreciate the banning orders for those involved will be annoying, but if they are planning a boycott anyway that shouldn't matter.
what about the fine they get with the banning order.... that would just be very Annoying!!!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
yeah todays 'generation' just stay at home keyboard warriors, never had to stand up and be counted, person and whine and thats all they do, if they want something done,, get it done,, dont f around,, a trickle of fans staying away is easy for the board to ignore, a mass if there is the following which tbh i doubt, protest in the stadium they cant,, anyway dont know why the f i 'm on here i'm not of the opinion that tis should go , guess i;m just ****ed off with ex web being full of constant whiners,
Not true though is it? Have seen plenty of protests in recent years at Blackpool, charlton, hull, Leeds to name a few. Tisdale is lucky he wasn't in charge at clubs like that. They would have chewed him up and spat him out years ago.

So you think Tisdale should stay, I would ask what you think of a 28% home win percentage with three wins in a calendar year from a seasons worth of home league games? Maybe it isn't so much of a problem if you haven't had to watch very many of them? I presume you will be travelling down to cheer the lads on v Notts county?

As I have previously posted, I want more protests at the ground while still supporting the side and less boycotting. However for this to be measurable it needs someone to put together a list of people who normally would have attended a Tuesday night game but has decided either now or previously to stop going because of tisdale and the home form. That could then be published to show just how much extra money could have gone through the turnstiles.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not true though is it? Have seen plenty of protests in recent years at Blackpool, charlton, hull, Leeds to name a few. Tisdale is lucky he wasn't in charge at clubs like that. They would have chewed him up and spat him out years ago.

So you think Tisdale should stay, I would ask what you think of a 28% home win percentage with three wins in a calendar year from a seasons worth of home league games? Maybe it isn't so much of a problem if you haven't had to watch very many of them? I presume you will be travelling down to cheer the lads on v Notts county?

As I have previously posted, I want more protests at the ground while still supporting the side and less boycotting. However for this to be measurable it needs someone to put together a list of people who normally would have attended a Tuesday night game but has decided either now or previously to stop going because of tisdale and the home form. That could then be published to show just how much extra money could have gone through the turnstiles.
true for this generation of city fans though aint it ,all talk and no action,,, .

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
true for this generation of city fans though aint it ,all talk and no action,,, .
In your opinion. Interesting that you don't comment on anything else in my post....

I don't believe the players should be let totally off the hook. It's rare I've left a game and believed they've given 100%.
I believe that the management style is stifling the players' natural instincts and ability.

The much-maligned and oft-referenced Oxford game was a particular example, every time a City player received the ball there was a two-second pause while they looked around, seeming to consider their options carefully before passing the ball sideways, or back to where it came from. We've got some decent players, we really have, but Tisdale seems to have them shackled, nervous and over-thinking everything.

Well-known Exeweb poster
In your opinion. Interesting that you don't comment on anything else in my post....
as per normal,you write to much, and what happens at other clubs aint the issue is it.