• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting eleven for the first game of the 24/25 season

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if Caldwell would try Zak in the middle of the three with Aimson when Purrington either side.

ryancooper327

MacDonald
Fitzwater - Aimson - Purrington
Niskanen - Cole - Richards - Harper
Aitchison - Wildschut
Alli/Cox

Bench: Diabate, Sweeney, James, Cummins, Borges, Beardmore, Cox/Alli.

Pobbop

It's a lot better than last year, pretty much got the defence sorted. with cover for them on the bench.

Better with strikers if you count Alli, which I do, still need another 2 I reckon, 4 is what you really need, but I guess Wildschutt is one of them, not keen myself, but ho-hum.

Obviously waiting to hear about Carroll and Woods, would have liked him to give Borges a bit more game time after his sumptuous assist, was he injured after that?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to TransferMarkt
Woods
Lee
Hartridge
Jules
Carroll
Kite
Taylor
Demi
Watts
Are permanent players with contracts expiring
Poor old James Scott has apparently even been forgotten by TransferMarkt.

ryancooper327

Poor old James Scott has apparently even been forgotten by TransferMarkt.
They don’t include people out on loan in this view.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
20 players available for our first pre-season friendly, but no confirmed sub keeper at the moment.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
20 players available for our first pre-season friendly, but no confirmed sub keeper at the moment.
It's a decent enough basis to start with.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
With plenty of time to while away over the next few months it seems like as good a time as any to start this annual favourite of a thread. Midfield is looking a little light but apart from that it feels like we already have a more competitive team signed up than is usual at the start of the summer transfer window.

MacDonald
Sweeney Aimson Purrington
Niskanen Harper
Cole Richards
Cox Alli Aitchison

Subs: Fitzwater Diabate Wildschut James Borges Beardmore Billington

In reserve Edgecombe Dean
Now that we have the actual retained list we can add those in bold to the OP's sensible suggestion.

Not looking too bad for early May. Hopefully we won't this season lose any of the contracted players during close season (last year Caprice and Coley departed)