• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting eleven for next season

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was under the impression that Hartridge is injured and will not play on Saturday?
I'm just hoping he does

Grecian_Nick

So after Truro friendly and Randall's departure my team for Saturday depending on Hartridge and Jay injuries (backup if they are out in brackets)
Dawson
Key Sweeney Ray Hartridge (Grounds) Sparkes
Attangana Kite
Brown Jay (Dodd)
Nombe

Subs: Lee, Caprice, Grounds (Dyer), Rowe, Dieng, Dodd (Veale), Seymour

I am excited to see the front three (esp. if Jay plays) but nervous for defence and midfield

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So after Truro friendly and Randall's departure my team for Saturday depending on Hartridge and Jay injuries (backup if they are out in brackets)
Dawson
Attangana Kite
Brown Jay (Dodd)
Nombe

I am excited to see the front three (esp. if Jay plays) but nervous for defence and midfield
The positive interpretation is that this gives some of the untried youngsters a chance to impress, at least until other players are back fit or we are able to bed in re-inforcements.

JJ red&white

What's the situation with Coley? I am hoping he can turn into a Randall replacement, so we can use funds to bolster defence and CM rather than a replacement for Joel, but we havent seen him in action at all yet!

EDIT: I see this question has been answered this morning.

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

Going by what we know of injuries I think it will be 4-2-3-1

Dawson
Caprice Sweeney Ray Grounds
Dieng Atangana
Key Jay Brown
Nombe

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going by what we know of injuries I think it will be 4-2-3-1

Dawson
Caprice Sweeney Ray Grounds
Dieng Atangana
Key Jay Brown
Nombe
Sparkes is surely nailed on to start; he's been one of the stand-out players of pre-season.

llvnsECFC

What's the situation with Coley? I am hoping he can turn into a Randall replacement, so we can use funds to bolster defence and CM rather than a replacement for Joel, but we havent seen him in action at all yet!

EDIT: I see this question has been answered this morning.
The Coley situation is frustrating from the sounds of it, but the Stubbs situation is farcical now. 8 months worth of wages paid and he’s not been anywhere near to making an appearance. Those two really hamper our squad depth for Saturday and the rest of August which looks to be a very difficult month of fixtures. I expect either Jack Sparkes or Josh Key to be utilised as wingers on Saturday in the second half if we need to, but would only anticipate Jay coming in to the side from the Shrewsbury game for Randall, and Dieng replacing Archie.

Ash

Dawson
Attangana Kite
Brown Jay (Dodd)
Nombe

Surely Dodd won't start after so long out with injuries will he? I know he's looked good in pre season, but it seems quite a stretch to me.
I'm expecting:

Dawson
Sweeney Ray Grounds
Key Atangana Dieng Sparkes
Brown Seymour
Nombe

Subs: Lee, Dyer, Rowe, Caprice, Kite, Dodd, Jay.

If Jay is fit and can start in place of Seymour, maybe we have a chance. Not exactly overloaded with game changers off the bench are we?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Sir Alex Ferguson once said "A good attack will win you games, a good defence will win you titles."

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sparkes is surely nailed on to start; he's been one of the stand-out players of pre-season.
Yes, with Seymour....