• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Start:Jamie Cureton

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seen him play four times now and looks fair better than the other options up front deserves a start i think.
Totally agree with the OP here. I have always liked Cureton and people say he is slow, I dont think so personally. He has bound to have lost a bit of pace but he is still pretty quick and shows great movement

Seen him play four times now and looks fair better than the other options up front deserves a start i think.
Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes. Please let him start........

Can anyone at the match yesterday (Charlton) remember O'Flynn actually touching the ball..... I can't. The boy looks nervous when it comes his way. Reminds me a little of the few games that Norwood played for us at the start of last season. No doubt he will settle down in time but Cureton looks a threat to defenders every time the ball goes in his direction.

Top player with a proven track record.

Start him and keep starting him !

Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes. Please let him start........

Can anyone at the match yesterday (Charlton) remember O'Flynn actually touching the ball..... I can't. The boy looks nervous when it comes his way. Reminds me a little of the few games that Norwood played for us at the start of last season. No doubt he will settle down in time but Cureton looks a threat to defenders every time the ball goes in his direction.

Top player with a proven track record.

Start him and keep starting him !
Well you say that but were you at Leyton Orient? Cureton started and was unbelievably quiet whereas O'Flynn was probably the better of the pair.

Maybe its not which strikers we play but which pairings

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Logan and Nardielo to start, Cureton to come on with 30mins to go then! :)
Makes perfect sense to me. Tis has a likeness for playing strikers in pairs (when we play more than one up front) then replacing both at once with the second pair. Nothing wrong with that - Yorke/Cole Sheringham/Solskaer - but it does require the pairings to be clearly established.

And I don't think they are yet, nor should they be necessarily. Using two subs at once does cut down on options (suppose Tulls had been injured ten minutes earlier and hadn't re-appeared) and perm any two for from four gives a lot more choice than either this pair or that...

Well you say that but were you at Leyton Orient? Cureton started and was unbelievably quiet whereas O'Flynn was probably the better of the pair.

Maybe its not which strikers we play but which pairings
I was not at Orient.

I just think, having watched every other game this season apart from the Orient game that Cureton and Logie have shone the brightest so far.

I reckon they could create a great partnership if they were given a chance.

Logies flick ons and Curetons finishing ability, not to mention Logies set peice heading........Mouth watering.

UTC.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also, and without wishing to appear negative, is Nardiello only going to play half a game before being subbed for no apparent reason, very often? I know we eventually won, so alls well, but I thought Nardiello (I refuse to refer to him as Nards!) was meant to be our goalscoring machine this season?
Without wishing to appear negative? That'd be a first then. Subbed for 'no apparent reason' - I guess the reason was that he'd been out for a couple of games so let him have an hour to get himself back into it knowing there were a couple of able deputies on the bench who could continue where he left off?

As for Cureton, I wonder if he'd have been as effective yesterday had he played from the start, although what was clear was that neither Nardiello or O'Flynn were getting much joy from the two giant Charlton centre backs when the ball was crossed in high. Maybe yesterday we might have been better going with Logan and Nardiello from the off.