• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stanno Tribute Flag

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just out of interest Steve, why did Stanno support Forest? Did he have family from Nottingham?
His Dad is from Nottinghamshire near to Worksop so he has always been a Forest fan so it just rubbed off onto Adam, his 2 Brothers and Sister as well. Nigel Clough was Adam's childhood hero when he played for Forest. They still have some family up there I believe

Last edited:

OfficialECFC

Just thought I'd point everyone in the direction of a Stanno tribute video I threw together for the OS:

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2132250,00.html

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
His Dad is from Nottinghamshire near to Worksop so he has always been a Forest fan so it just rubbed off onto Adam, his 2 Brothers and Sister as well. Nigel Clough was Adam's childhood hero when he played for Forest. They still have some family up there I believe
Are you sure?! It's only that one of the first callers on 606 this Saturday was a Villa fan who described himself as one of Adam's best mates and talked, at some length, about how big a Villa fan Adam was. He appeared to know what he was talking about but, then again, maybe not.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you sure?! It's only that one of the first callers on 606 this Saturday was a Villa fan who described himself as one of Adam's best mates and talked, at some length, about how big a Villa fan Adam was. He appeared to know what he was talking about but, then again, maybe not.
Very sure. Not sure where that Villa story came from and have never heard he had any allegience to Villa through his family or anyone but Stanno was most defintely a Forest fan. I work with Stanno's Dad and also Stanno told me himself months ago because he I remember him telling me how he reluctantly had chosen West Brom to beat Forest in an accumulator he had at the bookies. I also asked what he thought of Deano signing for Forest's arch enemy Derby, his response in a light hearted way was "No I don't talk to Deano anymore, he's signed for the scum" :D quickly followed up with "All joking aside I was chuffed to bits for him" as he took another swig of his bottle of Peroni [y]

Scotty

Look out for a section in the Excuse & Error over the weekend, featuring the flag!

Also now follow the flag on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Stanno-Tribute-Flag/136809739698819?v=wall