• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stanno raffle boycott!

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who we playing Saturday?

Drew Peacock

This is a joke. (s)He's doing a good thing! Dear gawwd

tom_rowe

Seems fair enough to me, ironic that people are slating Rich for the OP and his opinion and initial concerns over this which fair enough maybe wasnt worded the best but then you are ALL doing exactly the same back!

Funny

LOG

Oh good grief !

The parochial nature of Exeweb OPs reaches a new low and then "it was just a joke".

My mawkometer just broke.
What units does your mawkometer measure in? Is it simply mawks?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now you're picking bones. Can't be arsed with this b*ll*cks. Anyone wants to discuss this with me then PM me, but I ain't doing it on here.
Sorry but assuming you don't have any issue with your namecheck in the opening post - and nothing you've said suggests you do - it's a bit rich to publicly harang someone who everyone else thinks has done nothing wrong and then, rather than apologise, insist that any conversation about the issue takes place in private.

Poultice

What units does your mawkometer measure in?
Well none, it's broke !

grecianite

Can this stupid thread be closed now please!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry but assuming you don't have any issue with your namecheck in the opening post - and nothing you've said suggests you do - it's a bit rich to publicly harang someone who everyone else thinks has done nothing wrong and then, rather than apologise, insist that any conversation about the issue takes place in private.
You'd make a good journo, stick with that rather than picking bones on here. As I said and I will say it again, if anyone (and that includes you, unless you don't put yourself in that class) wants to discuss this with me, then feel free to PM me.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You'd make a good journo, stick with that rather than picking bones on here. As I said and I will say it again, if anyone (and that includes you, unless you don't put yourself in that class) wants to discuss this with me, then feel free to PM me.
I've no wish whatsoever to discuss it with you via PM.

Like I said, you were namechecked in the opening post of this thread which, lest you forget, referred to your 'disgust' at the actions of someone who was, quite legitimately, trying to raise money for a cancer charity.

It seems to me, all that's needed to put this thread to bed is a little bit of humility and a public admission that you may have got it wrong.

Any conversation we might have via PM does nothing to remedy that situation.

PeteUSA

It seems to me, all that's needed to put this thread to bed is a little bit of humility and a public admission that you may have got it wrong.
Egg, with respect, why do you want a public admission from her so desperately. Assuming somebody may have "got it wrong", I think citysfinest gave as good an explanation of any kind of "admission" that I'd have thought was satisfactory for the issue. Not only that, Isnt citysfinest the head honcho, and originator of the whole raffle. I thought shaz volunteered to help, and was running all over the place flogging tickets and getting stuff donated (along with a third person who's name escapes me). I would have thought citysfinest remains the spokesperson, and has said all that needs to be said IMHO.