• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stanno and Sports Personality of the Year

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
But didn't he play more games for City than anyone else? And his final game was in a City shirt too.
Good points, but perhaps when a photo was requested (if indeed that was the case), the one submitted was somebodys personal favorite. Just a thought, but I doubt if we'll ever know, and I dont think it matters in the slightest.

mammooman

Does it really matter. Really. I'm just glad we got to see his name and picture instead of having to watch Katherine Jenkins.

Alistair20000

I am not going to be picky about the choice of shirt. It was enough for me that Stanno was remembered on the film.

This thread provides an opportunity to send his family our sincere best wishes at what may be a difficult Christmas for them.

grecianite

Why not? He played for Yeovil, they were as much a part of his career as Hereford or Exeter.
He was an Exeter fan, and more of his career was with the grecians. I guess you're just being a bit provocative.

Roy Hodgson

He was an Exeter fan, and more of his career was with the grecians. I guess you're just being a bit provocative.
Not at all. Just didn't see commenting on the shirt choice was relevant.

PeteUSA

This thread provides an opportunity to send his family our sincere best wishes at what may be a difficult Christmas for them.
Totally seconded!

LOG

It was about the man, not the shirt ffs.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spoty will be on iPlayer. Radio Devon explained, yesterday, why the Spotlight programme will not be uploaded.
Adam's sister recorded it via their camcorder, she is going to try and upload it for here.

Andrea's mum

We had no idea that was happening tonight so guess the Beeb found a photo to match the name. The award we proudly collected last week was the South West region and they obviously had a lot more knowledge of Adams career. Thank you all for your best wishes, yes it's still very tough, but because so many people were touched by Adams passing it moved us in a direction we would never have thought possible. We think the long process and red tape of being given a charity registration number is nearly over and then we can start in earnest to run The Foundation and hopefully some good will come out of the worst bad imaginable. We realise that we are not the only ones to suffer,- illness, tragedy and loss touch most of our lives at some point but because of the career Adam had we are in the position to make a difference and I promise you all who have given time and money that it will all be worthwhile.
We wish you all a Happy Christmas and peaceful 2011.x

LammieLammieLammie

It was about the man, not the shirt ffs.
Well said. Seems a bit pathetic that we are debating which shirt he should have been shown in.

Gig, you have been an inspration to us all with the strength and dignity you have shown over the last few months.

Last edited: