• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stand up....

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
..for your love rights. So sang Yazz in 1988.

But who is your favourite stand-up comedian?

I'd find it hard to choose between Bill Hicks, Jack Dee, Billy Connolly and Eddie Izzard.

Probably just plump for Hicks, just for the pure energy and vitriol.

buggerlugs

Mark Thomas.

Bill Hicks a close second.

buggerlugs

Mark Thomas.

Bill Hicks a close second.
all of which ignored my feelings for Frank Sidebottom, but then he's probably not a stand up .. all together now ... guess who's been on match of the day, you have, in your big shorts.

and one I still want to sing at every game ... you're going home in an organised football coach :D

Last edited:

edindevon

Jerry Sadowitz, by a country mile.

LOG

Of the current bunch, i quite like Lee Mack. The majority of the others are sh*te.

A friend of mine went to see Stewart Lee last night. I can guarantee that i laughed at her for paying for that sh*te more than she would have at him. He is a true c*nt.

Swanaldo

Jerry Sadowitz, by a country mile.
Great shout. I was just looking for some YouTube clips of Jerry to put here, but, quite simply, there aren't any.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I haven't seen lot of clips but Tommy Cooper can make me crack up just by standing still. Eddie Izzard has done some superb stuff, his bit about the stoned Olympics had me in stitches.

buggerlugs

Great shout. I was just looking for some YouTube clips of Jerry to put here, but, quite simply, there aren't any.
try the shamen video, inexcusable :(

finetime

Bill Hicks and Richard Pryor.

Eddie Izzard and Bill Bailey are very funny. For *pure* standup Ross Noble has incredible energy and has the quickest wit I have heard. "Sonic waffle" was an apt title!

My favourite comedy is local or low key comedians still trying to make it. One of the things I miss about the north actually - the comedy nights at pubs are so much better than down in London.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah Bill Bailey is a good shout, he's a 'nice' stand up. Ross Noble is less random than you realise, I've got about 3 of his DVDs and they all follow the same format of him starting a joke early on and then being distracted so that the punchline doesn't come until the end.