• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stadium Development - Advisors Jones Lang LaSalle appointed!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems a step in the correct direction for us. I like the self fianancing idea and hope it works for us because we cant afford to take ond debt from this. I would assume that Exeter City Council and Devon county council are involved in this also because a better stadium for us would help us grow and hopefully bring more fans through the gates(Home and Away).

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems a step in the correct direction for us.
Looks like the first step down the road most recently trodden by our friends down the road.

£30k for Drivas Jonas, how much for these boys ?

pete_h

Looks like the first step down the road most recently trodden by our friends down the road.

You're quite the negative chap, aren't you.

Poultice

You're quite the negative chap, aren't you.
No. I'm not.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think in this day and age Paultice you have to have Consultants on these things. You need people to put into place and sort through all the mess that is planning permission and logistics of how itll effect the traffic in the area, How the tools for building will be brought in etr etr etr.

If we just went ok lets build it wouldnt work. I believe alot of this is driven by the red tape and tbh is about sorting all the b*ll*cks of which most shouldnt exist. We Want to improve. We have a good idea about self fiancing our stadium improvement and creating Student flats in the area which will help attract students to our uni, which will benefit our economy not just with the football side but with more people studying and spending to live in Exeter.

I think the club should do deals to get Students who will live in these flats to come to SJP and watch us every week.!

Poultice

We have a good idea about self fiancing our stadium improvement
Do we ?

That whole thing was presented to us as pretty much a done deal imho. Now the guy who appeared to be the primary driver of the whole scheme, Right Wing, is no longer involved and we appear to be nowhere near as far down the road as it might have seemed, plus we are starting to spend money on consultants, go have a look at Argyle's CVA and see how much they spent on said leeches to achieve absolutely no building work.

I think in this day and age Paultice you have to have Consultants on these things. You need people to put into place and sort through all the mess that is planning permission and logistics of how itll effect the traffic in the area, How the tools for building will be brought in etr etr etr.

If we just went ok lets build it wouldnt work. I believe alot of this is driven by the red tape and tbh is about sorting all the b*ll*cks of which most shouldnt exist. We Want to improve. We have a good idea about self fiancing our stadium improvement and creating Student flats in the area which will help attract students to our uni, which will benefit our economy not just with the football side but with more people studying and spending to live in Exeter.

I think the club should do deals to get Students who will live in these flats to come to SJP and watch us every week.!
If the club doesn't do this they need their collective arses kicking as even a nominal £3.50 per game from half of the students in the flats would give you an extra £840 a game (240 x £3.50) which would knock a big hole in a League 1 players wages or pay half at least!

As ******** has already pointed out though, I was kind of assuming that we already had a commercial partner in mind/in place to take on the financial element of the build, so I am a bit surprised that this is still to be concluded. At the end of the day I think that as long as Jones Lang LaSalle get the job done for us and ensure that it goes through without their fees being too excessive then it has to be good news. It is in everyones interest for this development to go ahead as it has the potential to benefit the uni itself and the city's economy as a whole as the more success the club has, the more supporters will be drawn into the city on match days to spend their disposable incomes. It is also good for the city's image a whole on a national stage.

One plus side for the scum down the road being effectively saved by Plymouth County Council's bail out money, sorry I mean the money used to buy Gnome Park, is that there is a clear precedent in place where by Exeter City Council/Devon County Council would be well within their rights to put some money in the pot to help facilitate the build for commercial reasons.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the club doesn't do this they need their collective arses kicking as even a nominal £3.50 per game from half of the students in the flats would give you an extra £840 a game (240 x £3.50) which would knock a big hole in a League 1 players wages or pay half at least!

As ******** has already pointed out though, I was kind of assuming that we already had a commercial partner in mind/in place to take on the financial element of the build, so I am a bit surprised that this is still to be concluded. At the end of the day I think that as long as Jones Lang LaSalle get the job done for us and ensure that it goes through without their fees being too excessive then it has to be good news. It is in everyones interest for this development to go ahead as it has the potential to benefit the uni itself and the city's economy as a whole as the more success the club has, the more supporters will be drawn into the city on match days to spend their disposable incomes. It is also good for the city's image a whole on a national stage.

One plus side for the scum down the road being effectively saved by Plymouth County Council's bail out money, sorry I mean the money used to buy Gnome Park, is that there is a clear precedent in place where by Exeter City Council/Devon County Council would be well within their rights to put some money in the pot to help facilitate the build for commercial reasons.
A well thought out response there. Its not often you get that on exeweb lol.

This is something i agree with. Consider it would put(Please bring me up if wrong) Around 1,600 student on the doorstep of SJP! Potential for extra people would be great from this

tavyred

The 'Ted Baker' Stadium is becoming a reality...Woohoo! :)

grecianred

A little disappointed this isn't further down the line than this as others have already said. Tbf anyone who thought the football club would successfully manage a complex mixed use development of this size without engaging consultants is a little naive. I guess the question is, if all this work still remains it would appear the recent preapp consultation was nothing more than a presentation of some concepts (albeit pretty ones) and we are still a million miles from a deliverable scheme.

I had assumed that even if development partners hadn't been found that this was in hand. A lot of work remains...