• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St Thomas 70s & 80s nostaligia fest

Rog H K

My Grandfarther 'Percy' and Dad had a shop in Alphington Street that sold fabrics and shoes next to the Post Office. They moved up to Fore Street when they knocked it down. Good Film that. [y]

Rog H K

1970?

A clip of demolishen taking place here

http://www.exetermemories.co.uk/em/video/cowick.php
We had our shop in 1971 in Fore Street so 1970 is a good shout.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone remember the handy shandy shop ?

Oldsmobile-88

Lavisca? Luvisca?
Pretty sure it was Luvisca...A fair sized factory iirc..I remember working on the gas appliances in the canteen in the early 1980's

Red the Paper

Banned
Pretty sure it was Luvisca...A fair sized factory iirc..I remember working on the gas appliances in the canteen in the early 1980's
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Truvisca-Shirts-1954-Original-Vintage-Advert-/260340117344

Luvisca it was.

southy

Courtneys Hogs puddings, unbeatable . Opposite the Valient Soldier ( as used to was )

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Courtneys Hogs puddings, unbeatable . Opposite the Valient Soldier ( as used to was )
Thanks, that answers my question in an earlier post.

Willy Nilly

The main section of St Thomas really is a lovely slice of history, bar the hideous precinct, with the rows of terraced housing, the huge church, and some charming old buildings around there.

The area along Queen Street and Pinces Gardens is also fantastic to wander around and blows away some of the St Thomas myths. The old entrance to Pince's Gardens and the croquet and bowling club are really charming :)

Anyone know how old those cottages next to the First and Last are? They look very old.

toast

Marggies fish and chippy
in buddle lane.

elginCity

..or get your gribbles at Bernie Oliver's chippy, the corner of Buller Road and Okehampton Road.