• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St James Park Station (Platform 2) to be extended.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Would be very good if SWR would make it a stop as well.
I wonder if there is demand for additional service from Honiton stopping at all stations.

David Treharne

Me too. It was being discussed when I lived in Powderham Crescent in 1973 so it's taken 45+ years to get this far.
It's also rather appropriate, in view of some of the (frankly deserved) scepticism on here about likely start dates, to note that the photo of Pete Bishop painting the station railings was taken c2004. I share the view that seeing the extension actually being started is what will convince me that it will take place within any known time scale. However, well done Roger!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kudos to Roger, but this could well be a delaying tactic just to quieten the complaints, just like the Dawlish railway line issue. If it's done before 2025 I'll eat my hat.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the E & E's website today. Don't know how much is just a re-hash of what's appeared before.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/junction-exeter-waterloo-line-close-2866145

Rog H K

On the E & E's website today. Don't know how much is just a re-hash of what's appeared before.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/junction-exeter-waterloo-line-close-2866145
I was in touch with Network Rail a couple weeks ago. I was informed the work was out for tender and would be done between Dec 2019 and Dec 2020. The article states major work on Exmouth Junction in September 2019 when the line will be restricted to this looks like the development time too.

Colesman Ballz

Kudos to Roger, but this could well be a delaying tactic just to quieten the complaints, just like the Dawlish railway line issue. If it's done before 2025 I'll eat my hat.
Wot, corks 'n all ? ;)

IndoMike

Wot, corks 'n all ? ;)
Corks, string 'n all.